Chapter 25

Date: 18th April, 2016.

Only a few chapters and an epilogue to go! This chapter is going to be crappy, I know it. *cringes*

"Wait for someone who makes you smile so hard that your cheeks hurt

and loves you so much that you can feel it through their fingertips when

they brush the hair out of your eyes and lean in to kiss you."

ALASKA'S POV

The morning broke suddenly, as if somebody had switched on a light in a dark room.

In no time, I had gotten up, showered and had breakfast. I sat on the bed, waiting for Liz to show up.

I tapped my foot on the floor, anxious for the date. I told myself that it was only Blaze and I had no reason to be nervous, but for some weird, twisted reason, I could not quell my anxiety.

I bit my lip so hard that a thin line of blood ran across my mouth. I shivered as I felt the taste of the liquid that taste awfully lot like iron.

I lay down on my back and stared at the colourful ceiling. I got lost in the thought of what could go wrong during the date. I sighed, shaking my head, and instead starting thinking about how great would the date be.

The ringing of the door bell brought me out of my reverie and I skipped downstairs with slightly weak legs that could give out any minute.

Get a grip, Nov. You've been dreaming about this day since ages.

I stood behind the main door and straightened my clothes. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door, smiling while I was at it.

Liz looked me weirdly and asked me what was wrong with me. I dropped the smile and I admired I was nervous.

"You have no reason to be nervous! It's just Blaze, the guy you have known for your whole life.", but whatever she said couldn't calm me down.

She dumped a bag of clothes and a bag full of makeup products on my bed. I looked at a pink dress that was peeking out of a bag and poked it with a finger.

Disgusted, I said, "Don't expect me to wear this sparkly pink dress with ruffles. I am not some barbie." She just chuckled in response.

"Go and shower, I'll take out the makeup and the dresses."

"I already showered."

"Okay, then." She pushed me down on the chair.

She took out foundation and put it back. "You face is clear, you don't need foundation."

"Okay?" Whatever that meant.

She was working on my eye with an eye pencil and hurt. "Ow! It hurts." I whined.

"Beauty hurts, darling." She replied.

"Is that why you are never in pain?" I asked sassily, in a joking manner.

"Rude!" She exclaimed and poked my eye with the pencil.

"Ow! Liz!" I shouted.

Remind me why did I sign up for this, again?

She laughed and I glared at her, letting her doll me up. When she was finally done, I stood there shocked, as I looked in the mirror.

"Is- is this-s me?" I stuttered, touching my face.