Chapter 30

Date: 14th May, 2016.

I'm sorry if how the funeral goes is wrong. We don't do funerals the Christian way in my religion and I have never been to one. I've written this with the help of lots of quotes, please don't hate on it  :):

"I thought there were only two kinds of loves:

The one you kill for and one you die for.

But you, my darling were the type of love I would live for."

BLAZE'S POV

The day had come. The day I dreaded. It was Alaska's funeral.

For the first time in three days, I got out of bed. For the first time in three days, I showered. For the first time in three days, I actually got dressed.

I put on a black suit with a white shirt underneath and looked into the mirror. I remembered how Nov loved seeing me in suits. I was wearing one for her today and I hated it, hated that she wasn't here.

I got dressed and drove to the church, my mind in a different place. I quickly parked the Audi and climbed the steps of the church. Outside, there was a beautiful portrait of Nov and I titled my head back, blinking back my tears. I don't care or I don't feel ashamed that I have cried like a baby after a death. I love her with all my heart, I'm not embarrassed of showing it.

Moving my eyes away from the portrait I walked inside. I walked to the first pew and sat down.

The casket was open and there lay Nov, with her eyes closed and her hair framing her face. They had dressed her in black, her favourite colour. Her crossed arms looked so pale and the black nail enamel on the nails was impossible to miss.

She's so close yet so far away.

Looking at her brought back so many memories. Specially the one when I had gifted her a Polaroid Camera and we had taken hundreds of goofy pictures and we managed to get a perfect photo. I was smiling at the camera and she was smiling at me with so many emotions in her eyes. Two emotions stood out the most, love and happiness. What I didn't know was that our first perfect picture would be our last perfect picture.

I wish we could have done something to save her. Done something so she would have been here. If only I had slept over that night, my first love would still be here.

Soon the people came pouring in and sat back. Nov's parents and Kyle sat on one side of me and Noah and Liam sat on the other side of me. I held back tears and I felt empty. Oh God, so numb.

Like Nov did once, my brain said.

Taking a deep breath, I looked back at Nov. She finally looked at peace, finally.

Her dad went up speaking about her. I zoned out, it was too painful to listen to. The entire time, I looked at Nov, replaying memories in my head.

"Hey Blaze?"

"Hmm?" I hummed response.

"Don't you think that birthday parties are like a satanic ritual? At least the cake cutting part?" She had asked me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, not following what was she saying, and asked, "What do you mean?"

"Okay, think about it this way. A group of people huddled around a thing on fire, chanting ritualistically a repetitive song in unison until the fire is blown out and then a knife is stabbed into the thingy."