Chapter 11

Date: 3rd February, 2016.

This is probably a crappy update. I'm sorry if I disappoint you. I'm just out of it today.

" How to kill someone:

Hold their hand and then
never touch their skin again,

See them nearly everyday and
pretend they don't exist,

Act like everything you ever said
to them was a lie."

ALASKA'S POV

The following morning everything was very so fucking depressing. The skies were gloomy, Liam was not going to attend school, Liz was not really talking to me. It sucked.

I laid on my back, staring at the ceiling, feeling everything and nothing at once. Noting made sense, it was all a blur. Everything was happening in a slow motion.

My alarm beeped for the sixth time that day and I forced myself to get out of the bed, then dragged myself in the shower. I turned on the shower and the warm water hit my sticky, perspiration covered cool skin, making me relax instantly. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmth against my skin.

After the tedious plus boring daily routines and half and hour later, I was ready to go. On the way out, I grabbed a red juicy apple and locked the door behind me. Parents were rarely home and I missed the old times when the shouts and laughter reflected off the walls. It was all so void. Kyle normally stayed over at a friend's place during the day and came home before dinner time.

Liam wasn't going to attend school today so I decided to take a refreshing walk, just to clear my head. I reached the school just in time the English lecture started so I guess me waking up early was fruitful.

The day was like any other normal day. The people laughed, the chatter was going around. The feeling of excitement and happiness buzzing in the air. The jocks were making jokes and the nerds were studying, reading and writing. The only thing missing was Liam and his jokes, in the next seat. I admit it, I did feel lonely without him.

Now, it was lunch time. The lunch table didn't feel like always. That happy aura was long gone and everyone was gloomy. It was as if a huge dark rainy cloud was looming over our table. I missed Liam so much, he was the 'go to' person for me. Today, it was just Damien, Noah and I at the table. Where the others were, I had no idea.

Today Damien volunteered to fill up Liam's place and Noah sat on the other side of me. We talked freely about her mum, until he brought Blaze's subject up. I hastily picked up my bag and walked out, not wanting to blurt anything out. But no, Damien wasn't the one who gives up easily. He followed me out, to the bleachers. Seeing that there was no way to  dodge him and prevent this encounter, I gave and turned around, ready to talk him.

"So finally talking to me? No running away anymore?" He asked with a half smirk.

"More like forced." I said, I mumbled.

"I am not forcing you. You know that, Al." He retorted, an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, I know." I agreed. He was right, after all.

"So?" He pressed on.

"Well, as you can see Blaze and I were so fucking close. But Blaze being an asshole had to screw it up, you saw that at the lunch table that day. Then, he did come to my house to apologise but somehow, we managed to make it worse. I was so close with him, closer than my mum. And y'know, in all those cliche, cheesy books, the girl falls for her best friend? I guess, I did too. Fall for Blaze, I mean.