Chapter 27

Date: 25th April, 2016.

This is going to be crappy. Writing in a guy's point of view is so difficult.

"Have you ever considered that we lead ourselves on?

We overthink everything; every touch, every look, every text.

We create scenarios in our mind with that person

building it into something that it isn't, something it never was.

Maybe we should stop passing the blame, maybe we break our own hearts."

BLAZE'S POV

I parked the car in Nov's driveway and got out, shielding my eyes from the sun. I twirled the car keys around my finger and walked towards the door, without any care in the world.

I took out the spare key from my pocket, unlocking the front door and walked in as if I owned the place.

I quickly walked into the kitchen taking out all the ingredients that were needed to make pancakes and eggs, my girl's gonna be hungry when she wakes up.

I walked to the fridge and took out Nov's favourite, mixed fruit juice and took out two glasses too.

I mixed all the ingredients and poured a little amount of the batter on the gas. Ten minutes later, I was done making pancakes and eggs simultaneously. I set the table and poured the juice in the glasses.

Nov should be here any second now.

I sat on the stool and rest my chin on my palm which was resting on the counter. My fingers tapped the counter waiting impatiently. We are so going to be late for school.

Five minutes later, Nov had still not come down and it was awfully quiet.

Looks like she's still sleeping, I thought to myself, rolling my eyes.

I took out my phone and checked the time. I had a voicemail form Nov but I cleared my notifications.

I sprinted up the stars, taking two at a time and barged into her room. What I saw, made me stop in my tracks.

There she lay, lifeless in the pool of her own blood. She was bleeding profusely and I didn't waste any other minute. I rushed downstairs and took a cloth, wetting it slightly. I ran back upstairs and wiped off all the blood from her hands.

I quickly tied the cloth around her hands to prevent more blood loss and applied pressure. Next, I checked for her pulse.

Weak, but still there.

Without any further ado or second thought, I picked her up and carefully descended down the stairs, jogging straight to my car. I unlocked the car and lay her down on the backseat not caring if the seats got covered in blood.

Wasting no time, I got in the driver's seat and put the key into ignition. The engine roared to life and I drove way past the speed limit. I picked up my phone and called up Noah on the way.

'Hey, what's up, bro?" His cheerful voice came from the other end.

"Hospital, now." I told him with a very shaky voice.

"What? Why?" His voice was more alert now.

"I walked in to Nov's house and made her breakfast. She didn't come down, as she does always so I went to check up on her." I took a breath, calming myself.