Chapter 29

Date: 14th May, 2016.

I know there are a to of time leaps but it is what it is.

"Can't you see that I love you?"

BLAZE'S POV

Three weeks and four days later.

I sat in the uncomfortable chair, bouncing my leg up and down in anticipation. I couldn't help it, I was way too fidgety for my own good. The report that would reveal the criminal was due today, in a few hours actually, and I couldn't wait. I was sure that the emotions of anxiety and restlessness along with fear were largely writ on my face.

I checked my watch and saw I had a few more hours to kill before the report came back to Nov's parents and then they'd tell me. Seeing that sitting here was doing no good, I stood up and took off towards my car.

I unlocked the car and got in. I put the key in the ignition and the engine purred to life. My mind instantly flashed back to the first time Nov was in this car and how her eyes had lit up when the engine had roared to life. I covered my face with my hands and rubbed it. Cranking my neck, I ruffled my hair and drove away, my destination already in my mind.

As soon as I reached in the parking lot, I took three rounds of the entire lot, checking for an empty parking spot. After a lot of struggle, I found an open spot and I parked in without any further ado. I got off, locked the car and then walked in as if I owned the place.

I smiled a small smile at the receptionist, waved at her and she nodded at me in acknowledgement and returned the smile. I made my way around and took the stairs, into the hallway, greeting the staff as I walked. You could say I knew the entire staff by now that I spent most of my days here.

I opened the door as quietly as possible and saw Liam sitting at the same place he was this morning except now, he was bent over and had his arms crossed (acting as a pillow) and had his head resting on his arms.

I walked to the far corner of the room and sat down, observing the love of my life. For those of you who are confused, I am talking about November and not Liam.

I chuckled at my own silliness and questioned my own sanity.

Was I going insane?

Around half an hour later, Liam stirred awake and opened his eyes. His eyes were red and I knew what was up. He had been crying. Without saying a single syllable, I silently walked over to where he was and he stood up. I hugged him tight and we both stood there in the middle of the silent room, embracing each other for quite some time.

I let go and to be honest, I think the hug helped me more than it helped Liam.

He stood back and said, "Im going to get coffee." I nodded at him.

"You you want anything?" He asked me politely and I declined, shaking my head 'no'. My stomach was churning and I felt as if I would throw up anything I ate or drank. Nervous butterflies filled my stomach.

I took Liam's place and intertwined my fingers with hers. I stared at her face, memorising every single feature, every single detail. I wanted every part of her etched into my brain.

I could not wait for her to wake up.

Open your eyes, Nov. Just looking into your eyes makes me stop in my tracks and think about what to say next.

I could not take it anymore, I let go of her hand and stood up. I kissed her forehead, then her eyelids then both of her cheeks and then finally, her lips.