Chapter 7

Date: 23rd January, 2016.

Edited on: 23rd June, 2016.

It's almost 2 am and I'm tired.

"Dear body, you were  never a problem.

There is nothing  wrong with
your size, your curves,

your scars, your flaws,
your stretch marks or you.

It's not your job to look
like the people in magazines.

It's not your job to look 'pretty'.
You're already good enough."

ALASKA'S POV

I felt hollow. Tired, even. Unloved. Unsafe. Unwanted. The list could go on and on. And most of all, I missed Blaze. I missed my best friend so much.

Today was different. I knew it. The second time I woke up today morning it wasn't because of some unforgettable horrible dream or a nightmare, it was because of a flashback. I sat on the bed, staring at the painted wall which had pictures stuck all over it. But they weren't just pictures, they were memories.

It went something like this, the flashback, I mean.

I looked into the mirror, admiring my dress that mom had brought for me and the seven year old back me stared right back. There was joy and happiness clear in my eyes. They were shining. Bright. I grinned and made my way downstairs, getting ready for another day of elementary school. I was jumping with excitement because I could finally see Blaze after a long weekend.

Seeing as I was late, I ran toward my bus stop. I was just in time. The bus arrived as I placed my hands on my knees, panting. I climbed the three steps of the bus and sat next to a certain crystal blue eyed boy. His smile was contagious, resulting me to smile back.

"Hey Al." Blaze said.

"Hey yourself." I grinned.

We chit chatted all the way to the school. He  told me about his weekend events and I told him about how my mom took me shopping and I absolutely hated it. However, I showed him the white lace dress I had worn and which I loved, the only positive thing from the shopping trip.

The bus came to a halt outside the school and the students poured out of the bus in a hurry. I slung my black and red backpack on my shoulder and hopped off, Blaze right behind me.

We walked to our class and attended all of our lectures without any complaint. The break came soon and we walked into the cafeteria and grabbed some sandwiches and chocolate milk. Making our way to the school playground, Blaze first climbed on the monkey bars then taking our food placed on the tray and then helped me climb up. We talked about the his upcoming birthday and our plans.

When the school was over, he came over. We had moved in that house a few days ago so I didn't really know the way around or what rooms it had. Blaze and I decided to look around and discover. After having some refreshments, we were off on our mini adventure. Al least, it seemed like one to our seven year olds.

The house was huge. Enormous. We started from the top floor. We looked around and there was a door which wouldn't open. We both kicked it and pushed it with the shoulder but it still wouldn't open. Out of frustration, we both gave up and decided to check the rest of the floors.