Chapter 5

Date: 7th January, 2016

Edited on: 23rd June, 2016.

I just want to say that I've lost the book where I had planned every chapter out and the epilogue and I don't know anymore. I guess it'll take a while to update.

NUMBER 19 IN TEEN FICTION AS ON 8TH JANUARY 2016, I'M SO HAPPY OML.

"It's almost scary, isn't it?

The way that sadness doesn't only settle in your body,

but the way that it completely
takes over every part of you.

The fact that, even when you're happy,
that sadness is still there,

lurking throughout
your body, just waiting,

waiting to show itself,
yet again."

ALASKA'S POV

The next morning I woke up feeling worse than ever. I'm not going to lie, I missed Blaze even if it hadn't been a day, he was always here to wake me up.

After all the daily routines, I got out of the house, locking the front door behind me. I sat on the railing on my front porch, retrieving my iPhone from my back pocket and swung my legs. About five minutes later Liam parked his car in my driveway and I got in. I couldn't help but notice how good the interior smelt.

"I like your sweatshirt" Liam said, chuckling.

I looked down to my 'Normal people scare me' sweatshirt and chuckled as well.

"Thanks" I said with a small smile in his direction.

You could say I was closest to Liam from all the boys, excluding Blaze (and Noah, to a certain extent), of course. Nobody could ever replace him.

We arrived in the school parking lot and I got out, hitching my book back higher on my left shoulder. I had my head held high and with the little confidence I had left, I entered the school and walked towards my locker. When I reached there, I saw Blaze laughing with Noah leaning again the latter's locker, which happened to be just next to mine.

I lowkey wished that Blaze would come talk to me but he didn't. I was known to have an ego larger than the size of Texas and hence, I didn't talk to him either. I didn't feel him burning holes in the side of my head as I had expected. In fact, he didn't even glance in my direction when Noah greeted and hugged me.

The first bell went off so I slammed my locker shut a little too loudly and made my way towards the homeroom, lost in the sea of people who swallowed me as whole.

I dropped my books on the desk and slumped down in my seat. The late bell rang and Liz still hadn't walked in. The seat besides mine remained empty until ten minutes into after. Liz rushed in the room and apologised for being tardy. We exchanged nods and gave the attendance.

After three agonising hours, it was finally time for lunch. Today, I took an extra serving of chocolate brownie and joined the table. I noticed Blaze was sitting in his original seat, which was next to mine. I sat down, keeping in mind that we didn't touch. Everyone could feel the tension in the air, it was that obvious. Surprisingly, Blaze and I talked indirectly (I didn't expect we would) and it was then I noticed that his entire left leg was pressed against my right one. I had already finished my lunch so I used that as an excuse to stand up and walk away, to throw my trash.