Chapter 15

Date: 22nd February, 2016.

"No wonder you are all sad.

They've stolen your childhood and
replaced it with homework and grades.

They don't let you dream any more,
they crush it with the

pressures to be average, yet pretend
they want  greatness from you.

That is wrong.
That is so wrong."

ALASKA'S POV

I shot up when my phone started blaring my ringtone.

It was 3:05am. Instantly, I was alert, more awake then I was a minute ago.

I shook off all the haziness and sat up. I picked up my phone and pressed the accept button.

"Al?" Liam's voice resonated on the phone.

"Yeah?" I asked him. His voice sounded different. Sad, broken even.

"She's gone." He said and lost it after that. He broke down crying on the phone and I cried along with him.

"Where are you?" I asked him.

"The hospital." It seemed as if he couldn't say more than two words at once.

"Hold on, love. I'm on my way, okay?" I reassured him and he just hummed back in response.

I quickly got out of my bed and quickly put on a hoodie over my black tank top. I jogged in the kitchen and quickly scribbled a note to my parents, informing them about my whereabouts.

I picked up my mom's car keys from the bowl that was kept at the entrance and rushed out, locking he house's door behind me.

I got behind the wheel and took a deep breath. I hadn't driven in a while, and I was so nervous.

"She's gone" Liam's voice played in my head like a broken record.

In no time, tears starting falling down my face too. I rapidly wiped my eyes and tried my best to focus on the road, not that there was any traffic. After a while, I reached the hospital and hurriedly entered the hospital, locking the car behind me.

I took the elevator and brisk walked towards the room Liam's mom was kept in. There he was, slid down against a wall with his knees pulled upto his chest and his head on them.

I walked towards him and crouched down. I tapped his shoulder and looked up.

That was the worst I had seen him. Physically. Well, at least after his father passed away. His cheeks were all puffy and his eyes, red. His button up was wrinkled and his hair was sticking out in all directions, as if he had been running his hands through them.

He looked so lost, so alone. It was the most heart breaking expression I had ever seen on his face. After a second, he realised it was me and a tear leaked out of his cheek, letting his vulnerability show.

I pulled him up on his feet, him drowsy fly standing up. Ha! Who was I kidding? I tried pulling him upto his feet but in turn, I fell down.

I sighed and sat down besides him. I intertwined our fingers together and ran my thumb on his knuckles. I was bad with words, so all I could do was show and tell.

There we were, two teenagers sitting against a wall, at four in the morning with swollen, red eyes and tears running down our faces.

It was sad, I tell you.