Chapter 9

Ahhh it’s late I’m sorry ): but I originally wrote both 9 and 10 but we? Being a klutz… I deleted them but with my epicness I have RE-WRITTEN (: well let’s start shall we?

Chapter 9: Something’s fishy and it’s not the cod :/

  After Duncan’s outburst I was overwhelmed with feelings; anger, confusion and sorrow. I mean he responded to my kiss, which I thought brought us closer only for that chump to go and push me away. To be honest I like it when they play hard to get but when they start to mess with my feelings…, that is just screaming out that they are a dick.

Uggghhhhhhh… I heaved myself out of bed unwillingly, I mean it’s Saturday you’re supposed to get up at mid-day not half eight but I need to add the finishing touches to care bear’s room since dad’s picking her up at 12 and will be home by half 12 so I have to hurry.

I pulled a pair of old jeans and a worn out t-shirt with a faded picture on it… I have no idea who it is but I highly doubt I’ve worn it much. I headed to the now daffodil yellow room with white net curtains and white carpet which I can promise you won’t stay white for long. I approached a huge cardboard box that was already open and started to pull pieces of wood and screws from…

Around and hour and a half later I looked back at my handy work, the room was now filled with a pale yellow desk and chair with a white lamp rested on it, a white mahogany bed with a duvet covered in yellow ducklings. In the far right of the room, underneath the window was a wooden toy box filled with new toys such as barbies, soft toys and the occasional rag doll. If you haven’t guessed she loves yellow ever since she was a baby you’d think she’d like pink and girly things but she has an obsession with ducks… weird right? But I think that’s what makes her so unique.

As I went downstairs to the kitchen to grab a beer I saw my mobile flashing on the table with unknown number on it. I hesitated and answered, “Errr… hello?”

On the other end I could hear mumbling and cursing after a couple seconds “Hey Zed, sorry about that after just moving in we have a ton of boxes laying around still, it’s like an obstacle course just to get to my room” a masculine voiced replied…, haven’t I heard that somewhere? “Oh it’s Jasper By the way”

 “Oh hey Jasper, how did you get my number?”

“Adam gave it to me and I thought I’d call you since I sort of thought we were friends now,” He got quieter as he spoke

“Yeah course we are, I mean you don’t mind the fact I’m gay though?” I questioned

“I don’t mind my sister is gay so I’m kind of used to it, so I was wondering if you wanted to meet up later as I am new I have no clue what’s fun around here and you should know the hot spots.”

“Sorry J, I can’t do today since my baby sisters coming home today and I’d like to spend the day with her since I haven’t seen her in years.” I felt guilty but that little girl is my word.

“I totally understand I mean I’d be like that if I hadn’t seen Chloe in years, but how about we meet up tomorrow I know you’ll want to spend every moment with your sister so it would only be for a beer or something?”

“That sounds cool how about 2 o’clock at the Rusty Hinge, our local pub?”

“If I knew where that was?”

“I’ll pick you up at 2 then?”

“Sure see you then. Byeee Zedddd!!” I could almost feel his grin.

“Yeah sure, bye.”

I let out a huge sigh, followed by a click of the door I look toward the hallway to see a little girl wearing a white t-shirt saying “You quack me up” and a yellow skirt. She has curls that stopped at her shoulders and sea blue eyes which could melt butter if they wanted to.