Chapter 16

The Real King is Back and After Your Heart

Chapter 16: Everybody hurts

Time seemed to slow a little, like in movies only this wasn't one of those scenes were they duck under a bullet. Chloe was hurt and yeah I know she is more Duncan's friends but since the whole dating fiasco I like to think we are all now closer friends... Well I thought we were all friends until Jake's outburst, now I just don't know what to think.

As time sped up everyone began to run towards the doors of the cafeteria while our fellow classmates didn't bat an eye at our antics which seemed to become a regular occurrence nowadays. Sprinting through the hallways we all headed south toward the entrance, it almost certain we were all going to skip last lesson and screw what the teachers thought I mean they only really care about the end of the day anyway so they would hardly care or even notice if we are there or not.

"Who's going in who's car??" Adam shouted slightly out of breath as we all burst through the double doors into the car park which was abandoned at this time since it was lunch. The clouds where an angry grey and the wind was vigorously trying to knock us all over.

"I think we should use Jacobs car, Ben's car and I am taking my bike." I slightly shout above the screaming wind. "But Adam what exactly happened?" I added after everyone's approving nods to my plan

"W-well... me and Chloe were coming back from having lunch in town and were crossing the road and as we were halfway this car sped from nowhere and was swerving obviously the guy was drunk out his mind or off his head on drugs and came straight at us..." He drifted off as Jacob rubbed his back reassuring him as well as  encouraging him on. "He had no sign of stopping so I screamed for Chloe to run or move or something but she was frozen, SHE WOULDN'T MOVE! No matter how much I screamed and and she got hit directly and flew over the car straight on the pavement and the car flew on and hit the tree down at the bottom of the hill... I SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING!!" Adam broke down in tears while we all took in this story. "Well that just shows us we need to be there for her now but are you hurt? Why didn't you get to go with her?" Ben added concerned.  

"These grumpy paramedics said there was no room and that I would get in the way which is bad due to her critical injuries..." He sniffed "and…" He pulled off his coat to see his shirt torn at the front of his arms and his jeans had large chunks missing, he rolled his sleeves up to reveal huge bloody grazes up his arms the left obviously the worst because blood flooded from it as were the injuries to his legs. We all gasped.

"ADAM?!?! WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU SHOW THE PARAMEDICS?!?! AND HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?" Jacob screamed.

"Chloe is MUCH worse... And I didn't want to get the attention away from her she is the one who you need to be worried about. I got them from diving downhill, away from the car..." I know examined the incident where sure enough there was the ghostly blood on the road where Chloe had been, sending shivers down my spine and not the good kind. Beside the road there sure enough was the small trail off blood that trailed down toward the school where Adam had severely grazed his body. My eyes was then drawn to the car enveloping the old oak tree.

"Enough of this let's go." I call to the other grabbing my keys and getting the 2 helmets out. Jasper gets on behind me but as I go to give him a helmet he get pushed off landing on his ass the other side of me.

"I have some talking to do with Zed, so fuck off jackass." Jake snapped before snatching the helmet off me and grabs the handle on the end of the bike that you are meant to hold... Seriously why can't Jasper use that? It's okay for Duncan but with Jasper it is weird... I must remember to ask him. Jasper grumbles before getting in Jacob's Silver Range Rover Sport along with Jacob himself, Andy and Duncan while Ben, Chris, Taylor and Ryan get in Ben's BMW.