Chapter 15

Hey so Hazel here hope you enjoy I broke my foot and on pain killers so it might not be very good.

The Real King Is Back…….And After Your Heart

Chapter 15 : Yo! Jackass!

I walked down the corridor, towards my locker, looking at the floor as I did realising how dirty the school was we were meant to spend are days don’t they have cleaners. As I reached the locker the voice of my girlfriend sounded behind, “Jakey” I span round to smile at my beautiful Tina, she really had made my better and behaviour just like Duncan had made Zed better. I leant down and kissed her lips softly; she giggled against my lips and pulled away, excitement and happiness dancing in her eyes. When I went to turn back to my locker my eyes locked on my former best friend Zed was leaning against the wall as Jasper search for something in his locker. I knew how Duncan felt, it must be heart breaking to see the guy you like spend so much time with another guy. But it was just as bad for me, Zed had been my best mate from as long as I could remember and now the idiot Jasper had just appeared and stolen him from me. You didn’t know how much I wanted to go over and punch his lights out.

I turned back to my locker glaring into forgetting why I even came here to begin with, I rolled my eyes at my own anger I knew it was pointless it was not like I could do anything Zed could be friends with whoever he liked, it’s not like either Duncan or I owned him. I turned back around to find Ben stood next to Tina, with a smile “Hey you talked to Zed lately” he asked, glancing to were Zed and the son of a bitch was still stood now laughing. I shook my head, and he frowned “Anyway the twins were looking for you lets go” he said slapping me on the back. I sighed glancing on last time at my best friend well who was meant to be my best friend. Then I linked my fingers through Tina’s and we went off in search of the twins, who I guess had also realised Zed’s absence from are group lately.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

I was waiting with Jasper at his locker for my boyfriend to arrive. Whenever I thought of Duncan a silly smile came to my face which I couldn’t get rid of and found I didn’t want to. Then he came in the doors both swung open and he stepped in, I smirked at his dramatic entrance and walked towards him. Seeing Jasper roll his eyes next to me at the look which was surely present on my face and turn back to his locker. I walked up to my boyfriend, and grinned at him, he grinned back “Hey” he said glancing somewhere behind me, “Hi” I said turning round to see him looking at Ryan and Oscar who still haven’t talked to him since the assembly were terry had shown everyone the video of him dancing.

“Hey they’ll come round they are just annoyed you didn’t tell them, they are still your friends” his eyes flashed back to mine quickly and he seemed to go defence like he did a little too often for my liking, there was the little flash of emotion that I never liked to see in his beautiful eyes. “You’re not the best friend in the world Zed” he said shaking his head. I frowned “What?” I asked completely confused, what he was on about. He put his hand flat on my chest making me shudder under his touch “You’ll find out soon enough I bet” then he walked off. Was that it all I got to talk to my boyfriend. Ok I guess it was hard to be boyfriend and boyfriend at school since he is still scared to come out to school but still. And what was he talking about with the best friend thing.

I turned, and walked back to where Jasper was waiting at his now closed locker. “So how is the boyfriend?” he asked in a fake Irish accent, normally I would have put him in a head lock or something for taking the mick out of my accent but I just didn’t feel like it I was still trying to work out what Duncan meant about friends. “Zed what’s up?” he asked laying a hand on my shoulder his face full of concerned “I am a good friend right?” he frowned at me, looking just as confused as I felt. “Yeah of course man, you’re my friend right” I nodded, rubbing my hand over my face, sighing even though Jasper had told me I was a good friend I couldn’t shake the weird feeling I was feeling that I had forgotten something, something very very important. “What made you think you weren’t anyway” said Jasper starting to walk down the corridor as the bell rang, going to his first lesson and not ditching like the good boy he was “Oh just something Duncan said to me” he looked a little alarmed at this “You guys aren’t like fighting already are you?” he asked and I could tell that no matter what Duncan thought Jasper just wanted Duncan and I to get together. “No, No were not” but then I thought about how distant him seemed and how defensive he got as soon as I mentioned friends “God I hope not” he patted my shoulder “I am sure it is nothing” he said giving me a reassuring smile.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………......

By Lunch Ben and I had, had it we both had decided that we would confront Zed and Jasper and give them a both a piece of our minds. I know what you are thinking that sound a bit girly, but I fucking didn’t care. So that is why when Ben, the twins and I got into the canteen we went straight to the table were Zed and Jasper were sat, I guess the empty seat was for Duncan if he choose to sit with them. At that moment jasper was laughing at something Zed obviously said but since we were behind them it we couldn’t tell what it was he had said. “YO! Jackass!” I said loud enough for the whole room to hear and grow silent. Both turned round not knowing who I was talking to. “Oh hey guys” said Zed with the friendly grin he always used to wear when he was around us with the same mischiefs glint in his eyes.

“Don’t give us that shit” said Taylor, and Ben nodded in agreement. While Chris and I just stood there, he crossed his arms and I just glared. A confused look crossed his face, emotions running riot in his eyes. Whispers started running through the quiet room, and then Duncan appeared next to me, he looked from Zed to Jasper and then to us four stood in front of them. “Oh so you’re telling him?” he asked looking at me. I nodded still looking at Zeds frowning face. “Ok well good luck” said Duncan clapping me on the back, then walking round to sit the other side of the table and watch what I am sure would be a show, which would end with fists flying most probably mine and Ben’s.

“What are you talking about?” asked Zed looking form one to the other then back to Duncan then to us four again. “God you are stupid sometimes Zed” Said Chris like he was trying to teach a two year old two pulse two. Zed shook his head and stood up “I must be because you are goanna have to spell it out” he said looking at me for a long time before looking at Ben then the twins each in turn. “So….” He said after none of spoke for a moment. I swallowed and shuffled on my feet “You replaced us with the asshole over there” I said nodding towards a confused and worried looking Jasper, and sat behind him was a smirking Duncan.

“Don’t call my friend an asshole” said Zed frowning at me like he couldn’t believe I would call someone an asshole. He really had changed and forgotten us, because a year ago we ruled the school by randomly beating people up, calling names but now he had changed. “You don’t see it do you?” said Taylor sounding sad for Zed, he couldn’t even see himself changing, and deep down I felt bad for him to. “What are you guys on about….I am the same as I have ever been” Chris shook his head “You have changed Zed” he grabbed his twins arm and they both pulled away from Zed shaking their heads. Everyone in the room was silent as the door swung shut behind them, “You guys got to believe me, I didn’t mean to leave you I just Jasper didn’t have any friends and felt bad for him so I became friends with him, I haven’t changed I swear” Ben laughed it was cold and emotionless “If you believe that Zed, I don’t think I can be your friend anymore, because that asshole has changed you and you are not the Zed I was friends with” Then he stepped forward and punched Zed in the gut, the stepped back as Zed bent over groaning “That was for letting old Zed be takening away.” Then he span round to grabbing his now boyfriends hand as he did pulling him out the door after him.

Zed straightened back up and looked at me, “Jake you are my best friend you always were and you always will be, we have be together as long as I can remember I haven’t changed surely you can see that, ok my behaviour might have got better but am still the same Zed form when we were little.” I stared at him wishing so hard to see the old Zed, and then I did deep somewhere inside Zed was the same guy I used to have fun with. I closed my eyes and shook my head “Zed I am sorry maybe one day we can be friends again but right now. You should get to back to the friend you choose” then I turned and walked across the still silent canteen. As I pushed opened the door, to the corridor Adam rushed past me, in tears I stopped and grabbed his arm. “Adam what is wrong?”

He snuffled and spoke slowly trying to make sure his words made sense through his crying. “Chloe just got hit by a car” I was shocked but found myself turning back into the canteen were Zed was now sat back down next to Duncan, with Duncan holding his hand under the table by the looks of it “Chloe got hit by a car” I said before running out to see if I could do anything to help her.

Dun Dun Dun........! What is going to happen to Chloe, will she die?

And what will happen between Zed, jasper and his other friends

Haze x and Charlie x =P