Promise Me That?

I actually feel like publishing this today as well for you guys :) because I love you and think I shouldn't make you wait too long since I have t ready and everything.

Vote and Comment!

Big love

The Author xxx

___________________________

Once again the credits rolled and we turned off the TV, smiling and talking about the film. Sometime during the movie, Calum had put his hand on mine, and we held hands throughout the movie, and when the scenes became intense, we would give each other's had a little squeeze. I had never watched the Star Wars movies with anyone, and I don't think Calum really had either, so to be able to share this with one another was something we were both liking a lot.

"So, how was your day today?" I asked as Calum took out the DVD to put it away.

"Well, some people left me alone, and the people who normally have a go at me because everyone else did weren't bothered with me today either," Calum replied. There was an uneasy tone to his vice though, making me think there was more he wasn't saying.

"But?" I asked again. Calum sighed before giving me my answer.

"But then there was Jason," he whispered.

"What about him?" Calum left his back to me, not turning around. His shoulders were hunched and I could tell he felt a great amount of dislike towards him but I wanted to know what it was.

"He's bad news, ok?" Calum sighed.

"Bad how?" I asked, really wanting to know what was going on.

"He's just bad!" Calum half yelled at me turning around, causing me to jump back slightly out of surprise by his outburst. Calum looked shocked at his behaviour too, quick to apologise for his actions, "I'm sorry. But can you promise me one thing?" Calum asked, whispering now. I nodded slowly, then he continued. "Stay away from him. That's all I'm asking, stay away from him."

"Only if you tell me why I should," I bargained. Another sigh.

"He goes to parties, and does all the things we are told not to, and gets girls into a 'vulnerable' state. Once he has done that he gets them to do things that he wants, and if he doesn't get it from them willingly, he takes it by force. I don't know if this is all true or not, but this is what I've heard. I just don't want him to get to you and break you like he has all of those other girls. You're my first real friend, and I don't want him to ruin that for me too," Calum said, and just as he did, a single tear fell from his eye and traced down his cheek.

"Cal," I whispered. He shook his head and turned away from me again, taking deep breaths and shaking slightly. I stood up and walked over to him, placing my hand on his shoulder, only to have him shrug it off and turn back around to face me. He looked so broken, and it really hurt to see him that way. Jason had obviously been doing this for some time, and I found it disgusting. I pulled him into a hug and didn't let him go despite his struggles, hiding my face in his chest so he didn't see the tears I was shedding over his situation.

"Can you promise me that?" He whispered. "Promise me you will stay away from him, for me?"

"Of course I will," I whispered back.

"Thank you." Calum then pulled away from me and gave me a weak, sad smile, tears still silently falling from his big brown eyes. I returned the smile, and then pulled him back into the hug, he needed a hug more than anything right now, and that was what I was going to give him.

It was a little while later that there was a soft knock on the door, and then Calum's mum entered. She didn't seem to notice that we had both been crying, but offered to let me stay for dinner. I accepted, saying that my parents were out of town anyway, and then went and changed into some spare clothes that I always carried with me. I walked out in a faded Rolling Stones t-shirt and some black skinny jeans, I had also let my hair out and it fell down my back.