chapter three

Rigbys p.o.v

"dude, get up, it's time for work" mordecai said.

i grunted and rolled over to my other side, away from mordecai.

"dude, Benson's gonna fire us if were late again."

Instead of waiting for me he grabbed me by the waist and hoisted me over his shoulder. " we are not going to be late rigby" he took me out the door and down the stairs, my face up against his back. he placed me down next to the front door and went outside. i followed him out still groggy from sleep.

"ah, mordecai and rigby, your only a few minuets late today good job" benson said as we came out. the other were already outside sitting on the steps as usual. they were dressed in their work uniforms, me and mordecai were in sweats and t-shirts. "now then, this weekend is the state fair, and they've decided to hold it here in the park."

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the railing. whatever benson, i thought to myself, who cares. "dude, wake up, this is important." i heard mordecai say. he punched me in the arm and i flinched backwards.

"dude! what was that for" i yelled.

"wake up, this is important." he said again.

"he's right rigby, if you don't do this correctly, you could loose your job." skipps told him.

After benson was done giving out jobs mordecai and I went to change into our work uniforms."rigby, are you okay, you seem a little on edge today?" mordecai asked.

" yeah yeah i'm fine,"

"does it have something to do with yesterday, because i am so sorry about that."

" no, dude, i said i'm fine. what happened yesterday, i don't even remember, who cares! just get off my back!" everything I had just said was a lie. I wasn't fine, I was being replaced by some girl who was probably going to end up leaving him just like every other girl.

"okay dude" he said pulling his shirt over his head " i believe you." he stared at me for a few seconds before leaving the room. I put on my uniform and followed him out the door. He was sitting in the drivers seat of the cart when I got out of the house, I got into the passenger seat. there were a couple of seconds of awkward silence before he told me what we were doing.

" we have to go get the chickens that are entered in this years state fair from harrys chicken farms, just in case you weren't listening to benson"

"of course i was listening to benson" I lied.

"yeah, whatever"

there was awkward silence the whole trip, I wonder if he feels the awkwardness of it too. when we get to the farm he tells me too stay in the cart while he goes and gets the chickens, obediently I stay in the cart and I waited for him to return. He came back with a trailer full of chickens. He didn't even look at me as he passed. I really hope this awkwardness passes.

On the drive home we still said nothing to each other and when we got back Benson had another trailer of chickens.

"Wow, I so certain you guys were going to screw something up, I guess I shouldn't have doubted you" Benson said. Mordecai said nothing, just walked past and handed him the keys to the cart. "Is everything alright Mordecai?"

"I don't know, why don't you ask Rigby"

Benson shot a glance at me.

" listen Mordecai, everything's okay. I'm fine. Are you okay?"

"Yes, I just want to know what you have against Margret. Has she done something to you that's traumatized you?"

"Yeah, she took my best friend." I told him.