chapter seven

Rigbys p.o.v
I woke up the next morning to the sound of someone crying. Not just crying, sobbing. I looked over at Mordecai's bed, he wasn't there. I pulled myself off of my trampoline and reached for the door, when it swung open. Almost hitting me in the face, it was Benson.

" Rigby I need you to do something, Mordecai's girlfriend, Margaret has been shot and he's a little upset. I need you to fix him or something." Putting his hand on my shoulder he said," Rigby, I know there's been some drama between you two recently but I need you to settle your differences and help him get over this." He left the room and a feeling of guilt swept over me.

He must never know, a little voice said inside of me, do whatever you must just don't let him know. I agreed to the thought and went to see what I could do.

I walked into the kitchen where Mordecai was crying and took a seat next to him.

" mordo, what's wrong man?"

"Its Margaret. She's been shot. Oh I knew I shouldn't have left her alone last night." He sobbed into his hands and I put my arm around him.

" dude listen. Its not your fault, okay. If you had been with her last night then you would have been shot as well."

"I'd rather be dead with her then alive without her."

I stood up and slammed my fist against the table." No! Do not ever say that." He stared wide eyed at me and I sat back down. " sorry, but how do you think I would feel without you."

We sat in silence for a while until he got up and left the room. I tried to follow him but he pushed me away. There was nothing else I could do for him.