chapter twenty seven

Rigby's P.O.V

The rest of the week went by quickly, we talked as we worked about the future and even came up with some song lyrics, he was a really talented when it came to that sort of thing. Instead of sex every night, we sat on the couch cuddling and writing. It was a lot harder than what I had originally thought but that didn't get me down. I needed to get out of this job and away from the park.

I worked harder on this than anything I had ever done in my entire life. I would never admit it to anyone but it felt good, like I was actually accomplishing something and I wasn't just a complete waste of space.

I hoped he enjoyed what we did too, I thought we were making pretty good progress and that we could totally sell our songs on the internet, who knew what he thought about them. Whenever I asked he kind of just shrugged and said, "yeah, I like them."

Okay, but how much? There's lots of ways to interpret the word 'like'. We had spent so much time on this one project, it would have been hard to believe that he didn't like it. And as time went on, it got easier and easier. Our lyrics began to flow better, it was not as choppy, and it started to actually make some sense. 

"You know, "he said to me one night about two months into our endeavor, "at first I had been doubtful about your ability to keep going hard at this, don't be offended but you know you've never stuck to anything this long before, anyway, I really think we can do this."

I sat up on his lap and kissed him, "I am really glad that you've said that, Mordecai."

We kissed for a while more before we got back to work.