chapter fifteen

Rigbys p.o.v

I sat there shivering, mordecias sheets wrapped around me. maybe i should follow him, talk to him.  I stumbled out of bed and clumsily pulled on my clothes. maybe he was right, maybe this was a mistake. i had never really intended it to go this far. in reality, i had just told him that i loved him so that he would stop asking if i was okay or not.  to make him think that that had been the problem, not that i had killed his girlfriend or one of my best friends. but now that all of this has happened, I feel like i do actually love him, in a way i had never thought possible.  what was wrong with me? 

I trip out the door, closing it silently behind me. I didn't know where he had gone, but it probably wasn't too far.

as i walked out the front door he called over to me from the other side of the porch. " rigby, we need to talk" he said when i had gotten over to him.

" we do."

" listen man, don't be offended, but i never really loved you in that way. i mean, you're my best friend, but this is not right. I was just a little traumatized by what had happened with Margret and all, plus i din't want to hurt your feelings when you told me the other day, I never meant for it to go this far, ever."

" I never really loved you in that way either. I just didn't want you to keep on asking me what was wrong, I thought that if you thought that was the reason i was upset, you would leave me alone and stop asking.  I know it was dumb, but it was the first thing i could think of. but all that has happened made me realize, I really do love you. I know you'll never think of me that way, but it was nice, I enjoyed it more than i thought i would. I'm sorry for all this trouble."

" so what was the real problem? and don't just give me some dumb excuse. please dude, I'm here for you" 

maybe it was time i told him. I had no chance of him ever loving me, our friendship was broken, so what was the point of keeping it a secret any longer. I took a deep breath and stared into his deep blue eyes.  I could trust him.

" I killed Margret ."

he stared, dumbfounded. he shook his head. " no, no, no. rigby." he backed away with his arms out in front of him. " I'm so sorry rigby, but you know what i have to do. I can't keep living with you... I just... rigby?"

" no, mordcai, please, no." what had i done. he ran back into the house. no, I trusted him. I ran after him but he had locked the door. i pounded on the door, yelling his name. he was going to call the police and i was going to jail. 

maybe i should just accept the punishment, i told myself. I deserved it for what i had done to him.

" I'm so sorry mordecai." I said with my four head on the door, " I'm so sorry."