chapter ten

Mordecai's p.o.v
Rigby came into the house out of breath and sat next to me on the couch. "You okay man?" I asked.

He nodded his head and picked up a controller. He fiddled with the controls nervously and looked up at me, the light, from the lamp next to him, reflecting off his big brown eyes. He gave me a small smile and asked "aren't you gonna start the game?"

I shook myself out of my trance and did as he asked. Awkward silence filled the room as we made our way through the first level. I swallowed and paused the game. "I'm going to make some microwavable burritos" I got up and left the room.

In the kitchen I took a deep breath to get rid if the awkward feeling in my chest. He wasn't alright, I could tell. But what wasn't he telling me.

I quickly made the burritos and ran back into the room where Rigby played with the string on his jacket.
"Okay dude" I said throwing the burrito at his face. He laughed and smacked it out of the way."what's going on?"

He looked down at the burrito in his lap and frowned.

"And dude, don't you lie to me. You can trust me. You can tell me anything"

Rigby's p.o.v
I had to tell him something. I couldn't just keep staring at my lap and avoiding the question.

"You can tell me anything. I won't judge. " he told me placing his warm, muscular hand on my shoulder.

I breathed in, "I think I might be in love with you" I said. Okay not what I was planning on saying. I clapped my hand over my mouth. Dammit what was he going to say. I waited for his answer not looking at his face.

"I...I think I might be in love with you too"

What! I looked at him. He was blushing slightly avoiding my eyes.
After a minute or so of awkward silence I decided to break the silence. "But what about Margret?" I asked.

"She...she was always just a friend. I didn't want to tell you but, the night that she died. She had asked me, she had asked me to, go to the next level. And I said no. She got mad and asked me to at least come over for cookies but I said no to that too, in fear of what might happen. She was always just a friend. "

"I'm sorry about what happened to her" I said, immediately regretting what I had done to her. She was just a friend. And because I was being jealous, she had to die. It didn't seem right.

"Its okay. It wasn't your fault. You have absolutely nothing to do with it." He told me. He got up and left the room. Leaving me and his burrito on the couch.

I had had no reason to be jealous of Margret which meant that I had killed Margret and skips for no reason.