chapter thirteen

Rigbys p.o.v
I pushed past him and walked down the stairs. I paused at the door to breath. He caught up with me and rested his gentle hand on my back. "Nervous?" He asked.

" Kind of. I don't do well with police" I told him. Especially not at this moment. I had killed two people!

"You'll do fine. You're not guilty of anything so it will be okay"

"Thanks dude. That makes me feel a lot better"

He led the way out the door onto the front porch. "Rigby, the police would,"

" Yeah, I know. Mordo told me" I told him, not letting him finish his sentence.

Benson nodded and went back to whatever he was writing on his clipboard. The police motioned to Muscle man first who followed him into the house.

"Rigby, do you know where skips is? He hasn't shown up yet and he's never late." Benson asked.

"No last time I saw him was yesterday afternoon." I said causally. Hopefully convincing enough too.

"Alright. Thanks. I'm going over to his house to see if everything is okay. Fives, you're in charge." Benson then got into his car and drove off. 

after several minutes of silence the police officer came back, muscle man trailing behind. "who's next?" he asked.

Mordecia nudged me with his elbow, " go dude. get it over with." I decided to take his advice. I breathed deeply and wiped the sweat off of my hands onto my jeans.

I stood up and followed the police to the basement of the house. he told me to sit and i did. 

"i just need to ask you a few questions about the night of the fair." 

I nodded and he continued.

"okay, did you notice anyone come into the park, anyone who wasn't supposed to be there?" 

"I don't know, there was a lot of people, all of them coming and going. in the reality of it, i would have no idea. i was manning a booth off to the far side of the park. not even near the front entrance."

"for this next question, i'd like you to show me some respect when answering. got that?"

I nodded, fine, as if my last answer wasn't respectful, i was just telling him the "truth". that's what they wanted to here right?

"has anyone at the park been acting strange? guilty? scarred? anything like that."

"no, not really. everything's been pretty regular round here. just like it always is."  i told him placing my hand out in front of me and resting them on the table. 

"alright, thank you. you can leave, please follow me." I followed him back out to the porch. fives was the next to go. I began to relax. i think he bought that. but what about what the others say? about me. about how I've been acting. I think it will be okay, I've been acting like my normal rigby self. right?

Bensons' car pulls up to the front of the house and he gets out. his face looks likes he's seen a ghost. oh no, he knows. I tense up. but he says nothing. he goes inside, not even looking at me once. " wow, what was his problem?" i ask.

"he probably just saw your mom naked." muscle man says.

" shut up muscle man." i tell him. the guy sure got on my nerves.

" chill dude." he told me shoving my shoulder before he got up and left.

" i guess we can go since Benson just left, right?" mordecia says behind me. i nod and follow him down the steps.

" what are we to do exactly? Benson never told us what our jobs were." i ask.

" why are you complaining about that? it means we have an excuse if he asks us why we aren't working." he says,

" i'm not complaining." 

we walk around the park pretty much the whole day and just talk. Benson never even came out to yell at us. I wonder what his problem is. i mean it's not like he found skipss body, i parked his car pretty far from his house. besides, he probably would've mentioned it to us if he had.

it was dark by the time we got back to the house, Benson car was gone so he must have gone home. 

" so what do you think Benson problem was?" i ask as we sit at the kitchen table eating burritos. he shrugs his shoulders and takes a big bite of his burrito, cheese spills out the side and slides down his cheek. he pulls it off and throws it on his plate.

I laugh at him and he picks it back up and throws it at my face. ah, it burns me slightly and i jump out of my chair and try and get it off but it just spreads it across my face. " get it off!" i yell brushing my hand over my face frantically. and of course, instead of helping me, mordecai is laughing his ass off. 

i get it off and catch my breath.

" you are such a dork." he says still laughing.

" whatever dude, why didn't you help me out?" 

" it was just a piece of cheese, I'm pretty sure you could handle it." he said clearing the dishes from off the table. " alright time for bed." he says. he goes upstairs and I stay in the kitchen to wash my face. 

I walked up the stairs into our room, he had jumped in the shower so I sat on my bed and waited for him. 

the door swung open about twenty minutes later. he walked in with a towel around his waist. his muscles were clearly visible and i couldn't help but stare.  his stomach muscles curved so perfectly and in all the right places. he caught me staring and laughed. my face got warm and i turned away.

"don't be embarrassed dude, its all yours." he said dropping his towel to the floor.