chapter twelve

mordecias p.o.v

I gently open my eyes and look down at where rigby is. One hand is placed on my chest while the other one is underneath me. His legs intertwine with mine. He's drooling slightly. I stare at his stomach as he breaths in and out calmly and wonder what he was so worked up about the other night. He told me that he would never lie to me, and I believed him I guess.

His eyes fluttered open and met with mine. He smiled, "morning good"

"Don't you mean , good morning?"

He laughed at his own mistake, pushing his face into my chest.
I smiled at him.

"we should talk" i said.

" about what?" he answered.

" about this, what are we going to tell the others?"

"What do you mean 'what are we going to tell the others'? We're not going to tell them anything. They don't need to know" he said sitting up. I sat up next to him and looked him in the eyes.

"We can't lie to them."

He rolled his eyes. " fine don't lie. Avoid the question if they ask."

"Your right. Besides why would they ask? Its not like they care, right?"

"Don't worry to much." He laid back down, placing his hands behind his head. I threw my legs over the side and stood up. Rigby grabbed my wrist before I could take a step. He pulled me towards his and kissed my lips. Pulling away I went towards my dresser and got changed into my work clothes. I nervously put each button through the holes as I walked down the stairs to the porch.

I sat on the last step and wiped the sweat off my hands onto my jeans. Benson and a police officer drive in on the golf cart. They whispered a few words before coming over to address us.

"Okay guys here's the deal." Benson said. " as you know Margret was murdered in her apartment a few days ago, I am sorry for your loss Mordecai, and the police think that the killer ran here to the fair after he did it. He would Like to ask everyone a few questions before you get to work." He said motioning towards the police.

He looked down at his clip board. "Hey, where's skips? He's never late? And rigby? Where is rigby?"

" Rigby is still sleeping I don't know where skips is" I told him "I can go get rigby" I said getting to my feet.

I walked inside. "Rigby!" I called as I walked up the stairs. He better not be sleeping. He was so irresponsible it drove me crazy.

"No need to yell. I'm coming. " he said closing our door behind him. I stood in front of him, a whole head taller. He sighed and let go of the door handle to put clasp it in mine. "I don't want to go to work" he told me.

I tightened my grip on his hand. "We won't have to do much work today. If we prolong our interrogation"

He laughed," interrogation?"

"Yeah, the police think that the guy who killed Margret came through here the night of the fair. He's just going to ask if we saw anything suspicious." I told him, letting go of him hand. I turned and began to walk down the stairs. But rigby just stood there stiff as a board.

"Everything okay dude?"

"Yeah, I just don't feel very good." He said pushing in front of me and walking down the rest of the stairs.

Okay, that was weird.