Chapter 9

Waking up in Marshall's arms is one of the most indescribable pleasures in life. Surrounded by his warmth, accompanied by the sound of his light snoring. It really is something else, actually sleeping in the embrace of someone you love. I can't believe I'd ever thought about giving this up.
I turn around in his hold and see his cheek squished against the pillow. I smile to myself, he looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. So untouched by everything in the outside world. He snores a little louder and I giggle, my chest bumping in contact with his.
We've been pressed against each other all night. My bed is much smaller than his, forcing us to be close. I think we needed that last night of all nights. I rest my hand on his cheek, careful not to wake him. I just can't help myself, leaning down to kiss him gently while he sleeps. Marshall's grip around my body tightens in his sleep, and he kisses me back involuntarily.

"Rach...oh..."

I laugh internally, he's talking to himself. Even though I pull away he moves over more and lays on my shoulder, lips pressed to my neck.

"Rach." He whines, completely unaware of what he's saying.

"What baby?" I ask him, trying not to laugh in worry it may wake him.

He mumbles inaudible words against my skin, sticking his legs between mine under the sheets. My eyes widen when I feel him, down there. I run my fingers through his hair slowly and he groans lightly.

"I'm sorry..." He whispers.

I look at him sympathetically and rub my thumb on his cheek. I know he still feels bad, as he should. He stirs beneath my touch and let's out a big yawn, waking himself up. I make sure I'm paying attention when those big blue eyes open. He stares at me for a few seconds and I shift beneath the sheets, getting a little sexually disrupted just by his eyes.

"You're already up." He says, his voice grumbling with tiredness.

"I've been for a little bit." I say quietly, tracing his jawline with my thumb. "I like when you sleep, you're very cute."

"Cute?" His voice rumbling again, and he looks up at me again.

"Yeah, cute." I nod, kissing his forehead.

"I wish you always thought of me that way." He says quietly, redirecting the subject into what I think is a reference to last night.

"I do." I tell him, letting my hand travel onto his chest.

He plants a kiss on my lips and then I feel his hand squeeze my backside. I jump, bumping his lap under the covers and causing him to let out an agonized moan. I stifle my laughter and he raises his brow at me, turning my head to look at him.

"Are you laughing at me?" He asks, a hint of insecurity in his voice.

"Yes." I nod.

"You shouldn't laugh at things I can't control." He tells me, squeezing me again.

I blush horrendously and bury my face in his chest to get the attention away from me. He laughs and I feel it deep in his chest. He pulls away and tilts my chin up, trying to catch my blushing before it fades.

"How are you still shy in front of me?" He laughs, smirking at my red cheeks.

"You make me nervous." I say, finding it very difficult to look at him.