Chapter 34

Today's the day, mom's wedding. I never thought I'd say that. I never thought she would get married again but now we're getting ready to head to her second wedding. I'm excited for her, but more excited that Thatcher and I will be legal siblings. We were supposed to go together but both of us decided just to meet there. It's better not to leave Cash and Marshall to fend for themselves amongst our families while they look for us.
I turn around so Marshall can zip up my dress. His hands linger for a minute on my hips before guiding the zipper up. I turn around and he stands in a beautifully fitted suit, a white shirt underneath, and a deep red tie around his neck. As soon as I turn around his eyes fall to my chest.

"You look so damn hot in this dress." He says, wrapping his arm around my waist. "I don't know if I'm gonna be able to control myself today."

"You're gonna have to." I laugh, putting my hands on his chest.

"Yeah but we're not at the wedding yet." He says, biting his lip. "We got time."

"Marshall." I say sternly, and he responds by squeezing my ass playfully. "Marshall!"

He laughs at my response and starts nibbling on my neck. My hands slide up his chest and wrap around him involuntarily. Before I can protest his hand slides up my dress between my thighs. I gasp and he groans, pressing his hips against me.

"Baby we gotta go." I tell him, finding it hard to focus while his hand works.

"Oh come on, let's be quick." He's very persuasive when he wants to be. "We'll get there."

I admire his persistence but we really do need to go. I grab his wrist, gently moving it up to my hip instead of between my legs. Just when I secure that one his other hand makes its way to my chest. I gasp and swat his hand away.

"Rach you're killing me." He jokes, pulling me against him. "I need something to hold me over until tonight."

I laugh and then get an idea. He watches me as I bring my hand up to the neckline of my dress. I hook my fingers in the fabric and pull it aside, flashing the black lace underneath. I put my dress back in place and he lets out a frustrated breath.

"You gotta let me now baby." He says, his breath quickening, hands roaming again. "I can't go all day knowing what's under here." He balls up the fabric of my dress, tugging at it.

I give him one last kiss before stepping around him. I hear him let out a frustrated breath and then follow me towards the door.

***

The wedding isn't in a church or a venue, just Paul's sizable backyard. I think Thatcher said the new house is on 3 acres. Marshall and I make our way up the long driveway. My stomach tightens as we get closer, I'm nervous for Marshall to meet my family. Not because there's anything wrong with him but because they're never going to leave him alone.
I push open the door and see a ton of people in the backyard. Some of them I identify as my cousins and others must be from Thatcher's side. Marshall and I walk out into the backyard for a about five seconds before I see my aunt Daisy coming towards us.

"Rachel!" She squeals, I forgot how high pitched her voice is. "So good to see you baby it's been too long." She pulls me in for a hug. When she pulls away she looks me up and down and her eyes widen at my stomach. "Oh honey look at you! Your mom told me last night after we got in."

I smile and remember Marshall right next to me. I take his hand and pull him to my side.

"Daisy this is Marshall." I say, and she gives him a hug too.

"So you're the Marshall I heard so much about." She laughs. "You weren't lying when you said he was handsome."

"Nice to meet you." He says, flashing her a smile.