Chapter 17

I'm woken up with a certain soreness coming from my thighs, a physical reminder of the preceding night. I turn over in bed, my heart aching at the sight of Marshall. The sheets barely cover his hips, his v lines disappearing beneath them. His bare chest breathes perfectly in time with his light snoring and I glance up at his jagged scar. Even though it's healed I can tell with just one look that it must've hurt him beyond anything he's ever felt before.
My eyes then travel to his bicep, and I note his tattoos. My fingers traces over the ink and across his collar bone, trailing down the middle of his chest and tracing the toned lines of his stomach. He shifts beneath my touch, lifting his hips slightly, sending the sheets further down and exposing him just before it gets good. It's not until I exhale that I realize I'm holding in my breath. I inch closer to him, pushing my chest against his side.
He's so warm, in the literal sense. He runs very hot and it's probably why he sleeps in nothing or close to nothing. He turns his head involuntarily, facing me while still sleeping. I smile at him, his face is squished gently against the pillow and I find it incredibly cute. I lean over and press a gentle kiss to his lips. He moves again, this time turning over completely and settling his cheek on my shoulder with his arm draped across my stomach.
He pulls me against him in his sleep, mumbling inaudible words into me. I glance down and note that the sheet has still managed to cover him without revealing anything too important. I'm torn between waking him and keeping my mouth shut. Even though we had a good night together, it still kick started with a fight. I know we always say this but we can't keep letting it go.

"Hey." I say, gently placing my hand on his cheek. "Wake up."

He shifts minimally, and I try it again only this time shaking his shoulder gently.

"Baby, wake up." I say.

This time he groans lightly and tilts his head up, planting a gentle kiss on my neck in an attempt to silence me.

"Marshall." I say, laughing once.

"Shh." He shushes me and tightens his hold around my waist. "I don't want to get up."

His voice is hoarse and groggy, acting like it needs a couple minutes to really wake up. I sigh and turn my head towards the window. I see light drops of rain littering the glass, clouds surrounding the sun threatening to oppress the faint shine. Marshall moves again, this time shifting almost completely on top of me with his face buried in my neck.

"You're crushing me." I tell him, scratching his back.

I feel him smiling, but honestly he's crushing my boobs. I tap his shoulder and he looks up at me.

"Seriously." I tell him, and he moves off.

I let out a giant breath and put my hand on my chest, that actually really hurt. Marshall looks at me and then starts giggling to himself. I raise a brow at him and his giggles turn into laughter.

"It hurts!" I say, only setting him off more.

"I'm sorry." He says, laughing. "Allow me."

He rolls over and curls his hands around my breasts, kissing the space between them. I start to laugh and then he stops, scooting up and placing a sweet kiss on my cheek.

"Did I really hurt you?" He asks, the concern that he lacked before now powering his question.

I shake my head and he bends down again only to kiss me on my lips. I don't know why but this triggers a strange feeling within me. I feel guilty about the fight, and it's hanging over me like one of the clouds outside. I resent that I still have questions about Maverick. How did those guys at the ring know him? I wouldn't dare ask Marshall now. Especially not after last night.
Instead I stop him, it's not fair of me to be thinking of anything else but him. He looks at me with confusion that I try to dismiss with a gentle touch on his cheek. I slide out from under him and sit up in bed, swinging my legs over the side. I think it's time I go home.