Chapter 20

~Marshall's P.O.V~

"Rachel please answer your phone." I say into my own. "Don't ignore me, I get you're mad but after tonight you need to tell me where you are."

I hang up and shove it back in my pocket. She is so god damn frustrating sometimes. Doesn't she understand that this is serious? My hands grip the steering wheel, turning in the direction of her neighborhood. My heart beats fiercely in my chest, I'm getting worried. She knows how I get when I don't know where she is, we shouldn't be alone. My eyes dart to my phone as soon as it lights up.

Rachel: I'm fine. Go home.

I roll my eyes at the text. I knew she had her phone. I speed down her block, parking rather angrily in front of her house. I'm mad she doesn't seem to be taking this seriously. I slam the door, marching up to her front door. I bang my fist on the wood and it opens almost instantly.

"What are you doing here?" She asks me, sounding exasperated.

"What am I doing here?" I repeat in shock, feeling the all too familiar fire ignite in my chest. "Are you serious?"

"You told me to get out so I did, I don't know why you're here."

She rolls her eyes in a way that angers me beyond my normal. I take a few steps forward, inviting myself into the house. She backs up reflexively and I shut the door behind me. The look in her eyes tells me she knows I'm not messing around anymore.

"We need to put that aside for now." I tell her, the hoarseness in my voice increasing with every word. "We have more important things to talk about."

"Would you keep your voice down?" She snarls at me. "Thatcher and Cash don't need to hear us fighting."

"Oh I'm sorry." I say sarcastically, raising my voice and then yelling. "I didn't realize you care more about people hearing us fight than your life!"

"Stop it okay, just stop." She growls at me putting her hands up and walking towards me. "Calm down, we can talk about this without screaming at each other."

"Rachel it really fucking feels like you don't understand the severity of the situation." I explain to her, lowering my voice a little. "They threatened us and you just ran out of the apartment-"

"You told me to leave!" She yells at me, clearly going against her own advisement to keep it down. "You asked if I was afraid of you and then told me to get out!"

"You didn't answer me and we will deal with that later." I hiss. "That doesn't give you free reign to run away, especially not after what happened."

"I froze Marshall you know I'm not afraid of you!" She yells at me. "I left because you fucking told me to get out I'm sorry I didn't know that when you say 'go' it really means 'stay'!"

I feel the urge to say something in return but I restrain myself, we really can't get into this right now. There are more pressing issues.

"Rachel, I need you to understand that this is serious." I say, taking in a deep breath. "They can seriously hurt you, or worse."

"I'll be fine Marshall." She says and it angers me. She doesn't know that. "I don't want you making fake amends with Maverick."

"Are you hearing yourself?" I ask her, my aggravation more than prominent. "You're saying you care more about Maverick and I's friendship than your safety."

"Marshall you're being ridiculous, I know full well what this means." She tells me, running her hands through her hair. "But as long as you go to the fights, nothing will happen."