Chapter 37

"Lola!" I call, tripping over a stuffed animal left in the hallway. "You need to get dressed daddy's going to be home soon!"

I open the door to her room and see her standing in her pajamas and Thatcher sitting on the floor with two outfits in front of him. I lean against the threshold and watch her furrow her brow at the clothes, just like Marshall does. The past three months have been hell without him. She's missed him so much since he's been on tour, and her big blue eyes light up at the thought of him coming home.

"Which one do you like Uncle Thatch?" She asks him, doing a little jump as she says it.

"Personally, I'm liking the pink." He answers. "Why don't we ask mommy what she thinks?"

Lola turns around, her dark brown curls swinging to the side as she does it.

"I agree with Uncle Thatch." I tell her and sit down on the floor beside her.

Thatcher hands me the pink shirt and I help her change.

"What time is he coming?" Thatcher asks me, tickling Lola's side which makes her giggle.

"Twelve." I answer, glancing at the princess clock on her nightstand. It's 11:45.

"Is that when daddy gets back?" Lola asks, putting her hands on her hips.

"Yes ma'am." I tell her, taking her hands. "He'll be here any minute, go play downstairs I'll be there in a second."

She runs around me and skips down the hallway. Thatcher yells after her to be careful on the stairs and we both stand up.

"She's with me and Cash tonight yeah?" He asks me.

"Yeah her bag is right there." I point over to a purple backpack and Thatcher picks it up. "We'll stay for dinner with you guys if that's okay."

"Yeah Rach no problem." He says, putting his arm around me and both of us walking out into the hallway. "I just want you to have some alone time with daddy tonight."

"You're gross." I laugh, shoving him a little.

He laughs and we both start down the stairs. Lola's sitting on the couch with her teddy bear, watching tv. As we come down the steps I catch a glimpse out the window from the stairs. A black SUV is parked in front of the house. I stop in my tracks and Thatcher puts his hand on my shoulder. I let out a relieving exhale before my stomach fills with butterflies and I find myself hurrying down the stairs. I fling open the door and see him getting out of the back seat with a few bags on the sidewalk. He waves to whoever is driving and they pull away from the curb. He leans down to grab a bag and when he stands back up we lock eyes. Instantly, the bag drops back onto the pavement and he's on his way over to me. I meet him halfway, nearly sprinting into his arms. His hands secure me to his body and ball up the fabric of my shirt, unwilling to let go. It's only a matter of seconds before our lips find each other.

"I missed you so fucking much baby." He mumbles to me, kissing me again and holding my cheek with one of his hands.

"I love you Marshall." I tell him, putting our foreheads together. "I missed you too."

We only get a couple more seconds before I see Thatcher and Lola out of the corner of my eye.

"Daddy!" Lola's voice carries from the front door and we both turn our heads.

She starts to make her way down the stairs and runs towards him. I release him and he crouches down to her level, catching her as she runs into him and picking her up. She clings to him, hugging him and giving him a peck on the cheek.

"How are you doing lala?" He asks her, and I smile at the nickname. When she was learning to say her name she would always say lala instead of Lola. "I missed you."