Chapter 10

For two solid weeks Marshall and I had been inseparable. But as life goes we couldn't stay like that forever. Now he's off doing God knows what and I'm sitting on my couch aimlessly watching the tv waiting for Thatcher to get home. And for some reason I can't get Maverick out of my head.
I haven't spoken to him since that night. I have questions for him, I want to know how those guys knew him. I want to see Bo, and I really don't want Maverick to hate me. As much problems as he causes he does a lot more good, I would hate to lose him. Especially now that Marshall is confident in my feelings for him, there isn't going to be a better time to patch things up.
My head lifts when I hear the keys twisting in the lock. I feel like I haven't seen Thatcher in ages, we've both been off doing our own things and I've hardly gotten any time with him. I miss him, and I'm looking forward to seeing him.
But my joy is short lived when Thatch walks in the door with red eyes and tear stained cheeks. He closes the door behind him and I stand up from the couch, I don't know what I'm preparing for but I want to be prepared. He glances at me and there's a look of distraught across his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask, walking over to him.

He opens his mouth but nothing comes out, and then he bites his lip as more tears fall.

"Thatch come on." I say, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Cash broke up with me." He says, his voice cracking.

"What?" I ask in shock and he nods. "What happened?"

"I don't know- he just-" Thatch shakes his head and cries to himself.

It hurts me to see him like this. He shouldn't have to go through this. But for all those times he's been there for me it's time for me to be there for him. I wrap my arms around his torso and give him a big hug.

"I'm sorry Thatch." I say while he cries into my shoulder. "You're gonna be alright."

"He told me that he doesn't think he's ever going to be as important as AJ." He says through his crying. "He feels like he's secondary."

I hug him tight and my heart aches for him. I wish there was something I could do to help fix this.

"I tried to tell him no but he wouldn't listen." He shakes his head. "He told me it doesn't matter what I say because he can see it on my face."

"Thatch..."

"He said it feels like I'm cheating on him even though AJ's not here. He said he feels like my heart isn't with him." He pulls out of the hug and puts his face in his hands, sitting on one of our bar stools. "And I told him from the beginning that I was always gonna love AJ,but I fucking love Cash more and he won't listen."

I don't know what to do, usually I'm the one crying over a boy and Thatch always knows the right things to say. But now that the tables are turned I'm unsure how to approach this, so I do it in the best way I can.

"Well we can talk about it as long as you want. I have nowhere to be." I tell him, putting my arm around his shoulders. "And tomorrow we can do whatever you want."

"How come you're not with Marshall?" He asks, wiping his tears away.

"I haven't seen you in weeks, I just wanted to hangout and now with this I'm glad I'm here." I tell him, giving his shoulders a loving squeeze. "Whatever you want Thatch."