Chapter 50 Epilogue

This chapter is dedicated to all of you.

Epilogue

"How sad were you Daddy?"

I was unprepared of my daughter's sudden question na hindi kaagad ako nakasagot. My mind drifted to my darkest years. A time without Cass.

My eyes wandered to my wife not far from us where we are sitting in a stool under the shade of old tree. Her lovely face is full of concentration habang sinusuri nito ang bukol sa leeg ng pasyente. May ngiti sa mga labi niya habang kinakausap ang kanyang pasyente.

"Very vey sad. Not a day passed I'm not thinking of Mommy and the two of you." I kissed the top of her head and drape my arms to James who is standing beside me and squeezed his shoulder. Unlike his sister, malaki na daw siya para magpakandong sa akin.

Typical boy of his age, ayaw nitong hinahalikan at nilalambing pag nasa publiko kami lalo na pag may mga batang kaedaran niyang babae sa harap namin dahil ayaw niyang kakantiyawan siyang Mama's boy, na kinatatawa na lang namin ni Cass pag pinag uusapan namin ang panganay namin na nagbibinata na.

"And..?" James asked with rapt attention, impatient for me to continue. Kahit ilang beses ko ng kinikwento sa kanila ang istorya ng buhay namin ng Mommy nila and of course skipping the horrid details, pero hanggang ngayon they are still fascinated, that sometimes out of the blue they will ask me to tell the story to them again, katulad ngayon.

"Then I made a lot of promises to myself. I promised I will never ever hurt or make Mommy cry again and I will show her how much I love her every day for the rest of my life."

"But I saw Mommy cried today morning when you whispered something to her." James looks doubtful.

Napangiti ako. James must have caught us when their Mommy became emotional when I told her how much I love her. "It was my son, was tears of happiness."

Once again their attention was captivated when I continued, the twins think that our story is like a fairy tale where I'm the prince looking for the lost princess na hindi nagsasawa ang kambal ko kahit paulit ulit na nilang naririnig ang kwento namin ng Mommy nila.

"And do you know what else I promised?" my twins shook their head. "I promised that if God will return your Mommy to me, I will celebrate Mommy's birthday to help people."

"Is that's why we always go to mountains and farms every time it's Mommy's birthday instead of throwing parties?"

"Yes princess, I made a deal with God at tinutupad ko ang pangako ko sa kanya."

"Were you happy when you saw us?" curious na tanong ni James sa akin.

"Very much. I cried very hard that I was speechless."

"I think I remember it Daddy, I thought you were an angel." si Selena.

"And I was playing a paper plane!" James added.

"Yes, at katulad din ng pinangako ko sa Mommy niyo nuon, I also promised both of you na hindi na tayo maghihiwalay kainlanman."

My daughter wrapped her small arms to me and looked up. "You are the best Daddy in the world! and I love you very much Daddy! I will only marry someone like you." she said with seriousness of an innocent child that I almost choke.

She's only eight years old and already thinking of marriage!

"Princess, you'll marry only when you are forty years old and not earlier than that." I chuckled when I saw the disappointment in my daughter's eyes.