Lunch

*Emma's POV *

I got ready as fast as I could, trying to breathe with those eyes burned into my head. I let my hair fall in natural curls, doing little make up and pulling on my best jeans and a tank top. I was so nervous I was shaking.

What was happening to me? I told myself that after what he did to me, I wasn't going to do this again no matter what. But every time I looked in those damn blue eyes and he smirked at me, I just melted and my walls were pushed to the back of my mind.

There was a soft knock at the door precisely thirty minutes after he'd left and my breath caught. I checked myself over then tried not to walk too quickly to the door.

"Hey, beautiful," he smiled as I opened the door, making me blush and offering me his arm. "Shall we?"

I hesitated a moment longer than I should have but soon gave him a small smile and took his arm. There was no denying the stares we got as we walked across campus, though I wasn't sure what they'd be about besides how ridiculously hot he was.

"So, Killian, where are we going?" I asked as we walked through the courtyard.

"You must be really new in town," he smirked, making my heart flutter. "There's a great little café down around the corner."

"Sounds great," I half smiled. "And yes, this is my first day in town."

"I'll save the nicer place for our second date," he winked and I thought I was going to throw up. Date? "So you're new. Where are you from?"

"Oh," I said surprised, sitting down across from him. "Uhm, I actually moved from Phoenix, and before that I was in Portland."

"What made you move to the east coast, then?" He asked after we'd gotten our coffee. "I mean besides your dying need to meet me, of course. Friends? Family?"

"Oh," I swallowed hard, looking down and studying the foam on my latte. "I, uhm, don't really have any friends or family. I tend to be better alone."

"That's ridiculous, Swan," his hand was suddenly on mine and I looked up to meet his gentle gaze. "You don't have to be alone anymore."

We went to orientation together, his hand brushing mine the entire time and making my stomach twist. From there we walked in silence back to my dorm room just a floor under his, music blaring from inside.

"Thank you, Killian," I said with a small smile. "For everything today. I really appreciate it."

"Any time, love," he smiled, leaning closer to me. My breathing all but stopped as he left a soft kiss on my cheek then let his lips barely brush mine when he pulled away. "I hope I knock you on your ass again soon."

He winked and disappeared up to the third floor. I let out my breath, running my fingertips over my lips as they tingle from his touch. Fuck. I'm beyond screwed.

*Killian's POV *

I wanted to do so much more than kiss her cheek, having to force myself not to just fuck her against that door. But she was amazing, and I didn't want this to be all sex like every other girl. She had these walls I just felt the uncontrollable urge to break down, and her awkward hesitation was truly adorable. I didn't have a clue why, but she just meant more to me.

I turned back on the stairs, seeing her face bright red and her fingers lingering on her lips. She bit her lip and I almost lost every bit of control, only saved by her going into her dorm.

I didn't know how or when, but I was going to see her again. No matter what it takes, I'm seeing my Swan again.

Thoughts? Feedback is alway appreciated! Thanks!