The Words

*Killian's POV *

Emma was changing in my room while I dug through the movies and looked for take out menus. There was a banging on the door but my hands were full so I just yelled that it was open. Next thing I knew there was a guy tackling me to the ground and punching me repeatedly. We rolled several times as we fought but he got the upper hand again when I heard the bedroom door open.

"Get off of him!" Emma yelled, pushing him away from me but then he was on top of her. He punched her, pinning her hands and shoving his down her pants as she screamed. I tackled him off of her, anger boiling inside me.

"Don't you dare touch her you fuckrag!" I yelled, unable to stop beating him even as he passed out until I felt Robin and Will pulling me off. "Let me go! That fucker deserves to die!"

"That may be," Robin said over me, yanking me back. "But your girl needs you right now."

I immediately pulled away from them, rushing over to Emma who was passed out and bloody on the floor. I pulled her into my arms, tears gathering in my eyes at the sight of her like that.

The guys dragged who I assumed was Neal out of our dorm and I moved to the sofa with her. I was full out crying when one of them handed me a rag and I started wiping blood off her with shaky hands.

*Emma's POV *

As I started to come back to consciousness, I immediately fought the arms around me but they just held me tighter.

"Emma, love, it's me," a familiar voice said gently and my eyes flew open to bright blue ones full of tears looking right back at me. "Its okay, it's just us. You and me."

"Killian," I whispered with relief, throwing my arms around his neck as his arms tightened around me and I felt him bury his face in my hair. "I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"Don't worry about me, Swan," he mumbled against my neck, rubbing my back gently. "I'm only worried about you. Did he..."

"No," I shook my head, swallowing hard as I pulled back to lean my forehead on his. "No he didn't. You stopped him."

"Good," I felt him relax a bit, still shaking as he moved one hand to my cheek. "I couldn't live with myself if something happened to to you. This is bad enough."

"I'll be fine," I tried to reassure him. "I'm so sorry this happened to you."

"I'll take a beating for you any day," he looked up to my eyes, seeming to want to say something but thinking better of it. "As long as it means you don't get hurt."

"I guess you really are my hero," I smiled a little and making him smirk a bit as well. I could see his hesitation so I made the move for him, pressing my lips to his in a gentle kiss. "Did you ever get to find movies for us?"

"You're amazing," he chuckled, shaking his head as we got up to dig through the dvds.

We eventually settled on a Lord of the Rings marathon, ordering Chinese food and cuddling together on the sofa. I was in a pair of his boxers and one of his button ups, my legs over his lap and my arms around him as he held me tight to his side by my waist. Two of his roommates were in their own room, playing video games or something so we could be alone.

"Emma?" He said quietly when we were about halfway through the second movie and I looked up.

"What is it?" I asked, concerned to see the same look in his eyes from earlier. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, I just," he took a breath, putting his hand on my cheek and meeting my eyes. "I love you, Emma..."

"I..." I'd never heard those words in my life and I had no idea how to respond. Neal had used them once or twice, but harshly in an attempt to control me. But as I looked in Killian's eyes and found nothing but love there, the words slipped out of my mouth. "I love you, too, Killian..."

His face lit up like I'd never seen and suddenly his lips were on mine. I smiled against his lips, kissing him back softly. He pulled me further into his lap, leaving me to straddle him as our kiss grew deeper. My arms wrapped around his neck, pressing myself into him. The moment his hands touched my bare skin I knew, this was far from over.