The Crash

*Killian's POV *

I came back to consciousness with a gasp, hearing sirens and looking up to see my windshield shattered and covered in blood. I only felt pain, blood dripping down my face as I quickly took off my seat belt and pushed the airbag out of my way as I stumbled out of my truck.

The front was crushed in, but I wasn't focused on anything but the other car. I'd know Emma's bug anywhere, but it was nearly unrecognizable. The driver's side was pulverized and it was on its side.

"Emma," I mumbled, stumbling over to her car but suddenly I was being pulled back by parimetics. "Emma!"

"Sir, you need to come with us," one of them said, pulling me back onto a gurney. "We have to take you to the hospital."

"No!" I yelled, fighting them as they strapped me down and got me in the ambulance. "That's my girlfriend! I have to get her and make sure she's okay!"

I felt a sharp stab and suddenly everything went dark. I was groggy when I woke up again, confused as I looked around the hospital room. My eyes landed on a person, immediately trying to sit up.

"Woah," that person pushed me back gently as they came into focus, turning out to be a woman I guessed was a nurse. "Relax, Mr. Jones. You can't get up yet."

"Swan," I choked out. "Where is she?"

"The woman in the other car?" She asked, adjusting my meds. "She's still in surgery. I didn't know you two knew each other."

"She's my girlfriend," I said quietly, tears gathering in my eyes. "I was going to propose to her tonight."

"That must be why you had this," she handed me the ring box with a sad smile and I flipped it open with a sigh. "Its beautiful."

"Is she alright?" I looked up, closing the box. "She's gunna be okay, right? Please tell me I didn't just kill the love of my life."

"Like I said," she sighed, checking my chart. "She's in surgery. From what I know, she was in pretty bad shape. But that was hours ago, so I'm not sure."

"I know it's not your job, but," I looked back at the ring. "Could you just check on her? I need to know she's okay."

She nodded, walking out quietly. A few minutes later, she and a few other people were pushing a bed in the room, putting it right up against mine. Emma was unconscious, bruised and broken with a thick tube down her throat.

"Emma," I whispered, struggling to sit up and taking her hand in both mine as tears slipped down my face. "God, Emma, I'm so sorry. Please be okay. You have to be okay."

"If she stays stable we should be able to take her off the ventilator in a few hours," a doctor said as he came over. "You had some bleeding, but we fixed that in surgery so you'll be fine with some rest."

"I don't care about me," I shook my head. "She has to be okay. I need her to be okay."

"If she can come off the ventilator," he sighed, checking her monitor. "Then she should be fine, but we'll have to wait and see."

"So I just have to sit here and wait?" I asked, unable to stop crying as he nodded and I looked back at Emma. "Come on, Swan. Wake up for me, okay? I'm not ready to lose you."