Monday

*Emma's POV*

Killian had convinced me that relaxing my mind would do my more good than cramming for my meetings the next day, insisting it'd look more professional to show up calm than over prepared. So after dinner Sunday night, he made me go get ready for bed while he did the dishes. I just pulled on a short nightgown, not bothering with pants since now the only person who would see me without warning was him and grabbing my folder for tomorrow. I was pacing the bedroom, reading over things yet again when his voice startled me.

"Swan," He scolded me, coming to take the folder from me despite my protests. "That is not relaxing. Why can't you just calm down?"

"Because our whole lives depend on these meetings," I reminded him, pacing again. "If I get a publishing deal, that means you won't have to work constantly just to make rent. You can come home four or five days a week as opposed to six or seven, and at a decent time. If I can just do this one stupid thing you can stop killing yourself and I can actually see you every day and-"

"Shh," He cut off my rambling, pulling me into his arms. "It's going to be fine. There's not a doubt in my mind that you'll get at least one offer, but you have to relax. Go pick out something for us to watch and meet me back in bed, okay?"

"Kay," I nodded and he lifted my chin, kissing me softly before sending  me to the living room. I grabbed a random romantic comedy and put it in the DVD player in our room, turning off the light and crawling into bed with him. He pulled me against him and I curled into his side, my hand resting on his bare abs. "I'm sorry, I just-"

"I know," he finished for me, kissing my forehead as I tucked my head into the crook of his neck and rubbing my side to calm me. "Just forget about it for now and let me hold you. It's been a long week and I'm sure this one won't be much different, so even if you don't do it for you, do it for me. I need to have you close."

"Any time you want," I smiled a bit, kissing his neck and cuddling into him even more as his arms tightened around me. I felt his body relax under mine as I ran my fingertips through the hair on his chest and stomach absent mindedly, my legs bent over his and his other hand running up and down my calves. "You should adjust your schedule now so this week doesn't have to be so horrible."

"I can take one more week," he assured me, a smile in his voice. "As long as I still get this at the end of the day."

"Every day for the rest of your life," I said with a small smile, looking up at him. "I'll always be here, until you push me away. Probably even then."

"Well, love, you just fit so perfectly in my arms," He smirked a little, closing the gap between our lips. He kissed me softly but passionately, holding me firmly against him as my hand slid up to hold the back of his neck. We stayed like that a long time, unwilling to pull away but knowing we both really needed to sleep. "Mmm," he groaned as we finally separated, but only barely. "Why do you have to feel so good?"

"To torture you," I teased him, kissing him again deeply before settling on his chest again. "Life can't always be fair."

"Clearly," he sighed, running his fingers through my hair as my eyes fluttered closed and keeping me against him. "But I'll take as much of you as I can get."

"Mhmm," I sighed, already half asleep and felt him chuckle.

"Goodnight, my love," he whispered, kissing my forehead and rubbing my back as I fell asleep.

*Killian's POV*

I ended up watching her sleep the entire night, thinking about what the guys at work said. How did I get her to agree to marry me? She was the definition of perfect and somehow she wanted me. I just wondered if she'd really be happy with me. I was her first even remotely normal boyfriend after all- what if she was just settling with the first person that didn't hurt her. I suddenly had so many worries I thought I'd drown in them... but then I looked back at her face.