Epilogue

*Writer's POV *

Nine months later Killian and Emma were blessed with a baby boy they named Liam, named after the uncle who made so much of their lives possible but who he would sadly never meet. They cleaned out the guest room to give him his own, not wanting to move from their small house. Liam looked and acted just like his father, adorable but so stubborn, always wanting his mother. His sisters, of course, loved him, always including him in what they were doing, even before he could care.

It was years before they welcomed another baby, a baby girl born on the twentieth anniversary of the day they met. Unfortunately, Emma didn't make it this time, holding her last little girl only once before the complications of childbirth took her life. He was left broken with four beautiful children, Mia now thirteen, Julie ten, Liam nearly five, and the new addition that he'd named Arabella per Emma's request.

The Navy offered him early retirement, allowing him to raise their children on his own. They had exactly twenty years together, and they were wonderful years. He missed her every day, part of him always hoping that he'd wake up one morning and find her sleeping peacefully beside him. When the younger kids asked questions, Mia tended to answer them, seeing the pain in her father's eyes.

He cried the day his first grandchild was born, a baby girl that Mia named for her mother, the woman who always gave up everything for her and her family. Killian made it to the day that baby had her first baby, a boy she happily named Killian, exactly seventy five years after he met the only woman he ever truly loved.

When Killian Jones died he suddenly found himself on his college campus, looking the same way he did the first time he set foot there. It was deserted as far as he could tell so he started wandering around looking for answers. He wasn't paying much attention to the sidewalk, running straight into someone and knocking them both to the concrete.

"Fuck," he heard a familiar voice sigh and his head snapped up to find a face he hadn't seen in years. "I'm so sorry, I didn't even," she looked up too, her voice getting quieter. "See you..."

"Don't worry about it, love," he smirked just as he had the day they'd met, his heart lighter than it had been since he'd last seen her. "I wasn't paying attention either. Where were you headed?"

"Looking for you," she grinned, sitting up on her knees to quickly hug him tightly around his neck. He sighed almost in relief, closing his eyes and just holding her to him. "I've been waiting for you forever, you idiot."

"Apologies, my love," he smiled, kissing along her jaw as he pulled away to look at her. He put both hands on her cheeks, tears coming to his eyes as he gazed into hers. "I missed you so bloody much, I don't know how I made it as long as I did without you."

"I missed you, too," she smiled, taking his hand to kiss his palm. "Now get over here before I die all over again."

He grinned, practically tackling her back onto the grass and kissing her as she giggled at him. She pulled him down on top of her and sighed happily, holding onto him tightly. She'd been here since the day she died, watching him raise their children into the beautiful people they were and waiting impatiently for the day he'd show up. But then he did, and it was like she could really breathe again with him holding her like he always had. And that's how they spent the rest of forever, blissfully together, watching their small family slowly grow from afar.

Alright, loves, that's it! I won't classify this as complete since I may do flashback chapters later, so feel free to give me suggestions. Also, I have a few other stories that I can focus on now, so please check those out.

I so enjoyed writing this and I think I'm even more sad to see it end. Thank you to all of you for reading this and giving me a reason to write every day. Hopefully I'll see you with my other stories! Later, loves!