Results

*Emma's POV *

"Mrs. Jones?" I heard my doctor say on the other line and sat straight up, putting my hand on my stomach. "I have the results of your amniocentesis, I'd like to go over them with you if you have a moment."

"Yeah, uhm, just a second," I said quietly, getting up and going out on the front porch in just Killian's shirt. "Sorry, my husband's asleep. I'm good now."

"Good, well," she sighed. "Your results came in this morning and you two seemed pretty nervous yesterday so I thought I'd call you myself."

"Everything's okay, right?" I asked nervously, running my free hand over my tiny bump. "Please tell me my baby's okay. I mean, I can handle it if it's not, I just-"

"Emma," she interrupted me, laughing a bit. "Calm down. You and your baby are perfectly healthy."

"Really?" I asked, tears gathering in my eyes. "Its really okay?"

"Strong and healthy," she assured me. "You're probably already healed from yesterday with how good your labs are looking. You're due date looks like, March seventeenth and I'll see you in a few weeks for your checkup."

"Oh my god," I almost sobbed. "Thank you so much. I'll see you then."

I hung up and sat down on the step, putting my face in my hands as I started to sob. I was losing my ability to breathe when I heard the door open behind me. Killian's arms were soon around me, pulling me into his lap and rubbing my back.

"Love, what's wrong?" He asked gently, trying to calm me down. "Are you in pain?"

"No," I sobbed, slowly catching my breath as I kept my eyes on his. "The doctor just called."

"She did?" He asked, suddenly looking nervous as his eyes widened. "What did she say? Is something wrong with the baby?"

"She said," I took a breath, moving his hand to my stomach and keeping my hand on his. "Everything's fine. The baby and I are perfectly healthy, and I should be healed from yesterday."

"Oh thank God," he sighed, pulling me closer into a tight hug and burying his face in my hair. I clung to him, hiding my face in his neck as I wept with joy and relief. "I love you so much, Emma. This is all I ever wanted."

"I know, I love you, too," I smiled through my tears and he pulled away only enough to kiss me hard. I moaned softly in surprise, quickly wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing myself into him as I kissed him back just as much. I was suddenly very aware of the fact that I was mostly naked, turning to straddle his lap as he pulled me impossibly closer.

"Are you still in pain from yesterday?" He asked around my lips, kissing along my jaw and down my neck slowly. "I can stop if you want me to."

"God, please don't stop," I breathed, biting my lip as he continued along my collar bone. I felt him smile against my skin, carrying me inside to our room. "Mmm I missed you so much," I sighed, breathless and sweating after we'd finished.

"I missed you, too," he whispered just to capture my lips once more. He was still between my legs, laying carefully on top of me and holding one of my thighs up on his waist. "Which is why they're going to have such a hard time convincing me not to bail on the trip in September."

"September?" I asked, pulling away as he went to kiss me again. "What's happening in September?"

"Shit," he sighed, resting his forehead on my chest for a moment before looking back up at me. "I wasn't going to tell you. They want me to go overseas for a few months, but I'm telling them on Monday that I won't."

"A few months?" I asked, sliding out from under him and putting on his shirt as I talked. "They want you to leave for months and you just weren't going to tell me? Did you think I wouldn't notice when you just didn't come home one day after work? Killian, I worry when you're late coming home from the grocery store!"

"Emma!" He said over me, yanking on his pajama pants and stepping in front of me as I paced with my hands on my stomach. "I just said I wasn't going. What else do you want from me?"

"You and I both know they aren't going to let you just not go," I said with frustration. "Not after you refused to go once before. And for the record, there are much better times to tell me things like this than right after we have sex."

"That doesn't mean I'm not going to try," he insisted. "And I didn't mean to tell you like this. I just missed you so much, I wasn't thinking."

"No," I said coldly after almost giving in. "You know how much I love you, but you can't just-"

He cut me off, grabbing my arms and pulling me against him sharply to crush his lips to mine. I tried to fight him, letting my nails dig into his chest and making him growl lowly but hold me even tighter. I knew I could get away but suddenly I didn't want to anymore, fighting my arms free just to wrap them around his neck as his tightened even more around my back.

Our kiss slowly got softer and he sat back on the bed with me now straddling his lap. Most of our fights ended this way, with us making out senselessly and unwilling to separate any part of ourselves. He pulled open his shirt on me, running his hands over me.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered. "I didn't mean to hurt you. That's the last thing I wanted."

"I know," I sighed, kissing him softly a few times. "But I over reacted. I just really hate it when you're gone, and now you're going to miss out on the stuff with the baby."

"Not all of it," he tried but sighed in defeat. "At least I hope not. Did the doctor say when you're due?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "March seventeenth. Apparently our baby knows it's daddy's Irish."

"Apparently," he smiled a little but it didn't touch his eyes until his hand touched my bump, his eyes locked on mine. "I'll do everything in my power to be here for that day. They said it could be up to eight months, but I'll do whatever I have to, I promise."

"But," I swallowed hard. "The baby would be two months old by then. I can't do this alone."

"I won't let you be alone," he promised and I knew he couldn't really be sure, but I let him comfort me anyway. "We'll figure something out."

I didn't have time to edit, so I'm sorry about any mistakes. I'm going to update again today, or try to anyway, so don't go away!