Wrong

*Emma's POV *

Killian ended up falling asleep on my chest, his face in the crook of my neck and his arms locked around me. I took the opportunity to call Mary Margaret and fill her in as well as check on the girls. I told her I'd come get them in the morning and to get some sleep in the guest room before hanging up.

"Hey," Ruby's quiet voice came from the doorway and I looked up, my shifting making Killian stir. He groaned and tightened his arms around me, nuzzling my neck before settling back to sleep. "Is he okay?"

"Just a concussion and a bullet graze," I said quietly, running my fingers through his hair to soothe him and feeling him kiss my collar bone sloppily. "He really shouldn't be sleeping, but he's a total baby when he's tired and it was better than staying up worrying about Liam. He's still in surgery."

"Oh," she sighed, going to sit in the chair in the corner and pulling her knees up to her chest. "I should have told him I liked him a long time ago. I should have told him I loved him when we were talking the other day. I just... I should have done so many things."

"Ruby, he's going to be fine," I tried to reassure her from where I was. "These boys are ridiculously good at surviving, we just have to have faith."

"It's just not as easy for me as it is for you," she said quietly, shaking her head. "I know when you two got together you had your walls, and you still do sometimes, but it's different. I... I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant and I don't know what to do now."

"Oh, Ruby," I said, quickly getting up but being careful not to wake Killian. I pulled her up into a hug, letting her literally cry on my shoulder. "Its okay, it's going to be okay. Liam will be fine, and if you are pregnant I'm sure he'll be thrilled. Just breathe."

"Excuse me?" Someone said from the doorway just as I got her to calm down and we looked up, finding another doctor there with the one I'd met earlier. "Sorry to interrupt, but we should really talk about your brother in law."

"Right," I sighed, letting Ruby go and going to sit back on the edge of the bed. I brushed Killian's cheek gently to wake him, talking gently. "Killian, babe, wake up. The doctor wants to talk to you."

"About what?" He groaned, catching me off guard and pulling me down to take his previous position on my chest. "I'm sleeping."

"Killian," I said sternly, making him sit up with me against his protests and knowing my words would wake him up. "Its about Liam."

After they gave us the news he seemed frozen in shock and the doctors left us alone. I forced myself to keep it together, silently letting the tears leak from my eyes as I turned to wrap my arms around his neck. That broke him and he pulled me into his lap with my legs on either side of him as he sobbed into the crook of my neck. I did the only thing I could for him, squeezing my eyes shut and just holding him. Ruby had run off so the only thing I could do was try to help my husband through the loss of his brother.

*Killian's POV *

Emma left to get the girls in the morning, promising to be back as soon as she could. I knew this was hard on her as well, he was her family too after all, but she seemed to only be worried about me. I honestly didn't know how to deal with losing Liam, all I knew was that I had to, deciding to just focus on the family I had.

I was still caught in my thoughts when suddenly there was a little girl climbing onto the bed with me. It was clear on Mia's face that Emma had already talked to her so I just pulled her into my lap, letting her curl up against me and wrapping my arm around Emma when she joined us with Julie. Nothing was said even when tears slipped down my face, the four of us just sitting together to hold onto our precious little family.

It's a bit short, bit it's just the ending to the last chapter that I didn't get to do before work. Now I'm off to bed, but I'll try to get you another update tomorrow. Later, loves!