Day One

*Killian's POV *

We ended up staying up until dawn, talking and doing a lot of trying. Emma passed out about an hour after our alarm went off, straddling my waist with one hand up around my neck and fast asleep across my chest. I simply held her tight against me, running my fingertips along the perfect soft skin of her bare back.

She looked beyond beautiful in that wedding dress, but I liked this so much better- I needed to touch her, feel her skin on mine and know that she loved it as much as I did. I was the only man who'd ever gotten to touch her like this and after today I was the only man who ever would, and that honestly made me happier than I could explain. It was ridiculous and I knew that, but I liked the fact that I got all of her that way- that I was the only one who'd gotten to make her feel things like that.

It'd been a long time since we'd been like this, since we'd first moved in together and couldn't keep our hands off each other. She looked so bloody happy and I couldn't seem to keep the smile off my face either, everything was so perfect. We were even on the same page about kids and I hadn't expected that in the least, not to mention how adorable she was when she asked.

We'd been drinking so I knew she wouldn't wake, wrapping the comforter around us and carrying her like that to the living room. I sat at her desk, making sure she was comfortable and warm before turning on the computer. I logged in, leaning back in the chair and wrapping my arms around her as I waited for it to load.

The screen came up showing her writing for work, the first chapter of her novel written across the screen. I tried to exit the window before I read it, but then I saw my name and couldn't help it. I read through it, finding her account of the first time we met and being brought to tears. I read a few more chapters, ending up full on crying by the time I read about the first time I told her I loved her.

I hugged her to me even tighter, cradling her head as I cried silently into her hair. She was an amazing writer, painting an incredibly vivid picture of so many events of our lives it was just too much for me. I closed the window, just holding her as I shook with quiet sobs.

"Killian?" Emma mumbled, not even really awake. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, love," I sniffled, kissing her forehead and stroking her hair. "Go back to sleep."

"Mmm no," she sighed, nuzzling my neck. "I'm here. Talk to me."

"Nothing is wrong, baby," I smiled a bit. "I promise. Just go back to sleep before I keep you up with my charms."

"Fine," She giggled, kissing my neck softly and snuggling back into me. "Will you sing to me like when we were dancing? It was nice."

"Of course," I smiled even more. "Anything for my beautiful bride."

I started singing our song quietly, rubbing her back gently as I watched her fall back to sleep with a small smile on her full lips. I continued humming, holding her close while I looked up good ways to increase the chances of getting pregnant.

*Emma's POV *

I woke up still wrapped around Killian, but this time in the desk chair. Killian was passed out, snoring softly into my hair with his arms tight around me. I looked over, seeing a fertility website still pulled up and smiling to myself. I slowly got up, turning off the computer and pulling the desk chair over to the sofa.

"Killian," I whispered, putting my hand on his cheek and kissing him softly to wake him. "Babe, you need to move over to the sofa or you're going to hurt when you wake up."

He groaned but did as I said, not even opening his eyes but wasting no time in pulling me down on top of him. I smiled widely, getting comfortable again with his arms around me. He pulled my leg up against his waist, rubbing my thigh as he fell asleep and just holding it once he started snoring.