Chapter 3. A Rough Night

After last night Lydia had given me her number and she was going to stop by today and help my unpack a little while Tyler and Ryder went to training. I was thankful to have a friend so quickly, I cant imagine being the new girl AND the girl with no friends.

Ryder was lucky, after his transcripts were sent and the coach looked into him he got a spot on the team fairly easy. Guess its a good thing, baseball is his release. He doesn't show it, but the kid has a lot of anger built up inside him. 

A lot.

Groaning I unlock my phone to see 2 missed calls from Braiden, no doubt he was drunk last night. 

When isn't he drunk Danielle?  He's always drunk.

Taking a deep breath I call my voicemail and listen to them. The first one is quiet;

"Hey Danibean, sorry I didnt come say goodbye. I didnt want you to leave and I figured if I didnt see you go. It wouldn't be real. God I know it was so stupid, just call me back please. I miss you, I love you Danielle. Please dont give up on us."

I sigh deleting the message, the next one starts playing and my stomach drops;

"Hey Danielle, forget we ever dated ok. By the way I cheated on you, yeah.. Whoops. Anyway just wanted to let you know that. Oh well, it was kind of funny leading you on for a year. You're like a lost dog, all those times you cried to me about your mom leaving. I would leave you too, oh wait. I did."

He was clearly drunk in the second one and not taking being ignored well. Cant say it didn't hurt, but I didn't expect anything less from him. I fought to save the relationship but honestly, in the end it was so not worth it. Which was stupid on my behalf because he is a lying, manipulative bastard. Somethings and some people just aren't worth saving.

Hearing a loud knock I quickly shut off the tv, figuring it's Lydia, I don't pay much attention to the outfit I currently have on.

'You're earl- What are you doing here Jason." I say swinging open the door, his face dropping at what I attribute to being called the wrong name

"Jackson." He says regaining his cocky exterior "Calm down babe, My mom sent me over, wanted me to see if you needed someone to show you around."

"Don't call me babe, and no. I dont. Thanks."

"Suit yourself, cute jammies." He shamelessly lets his eyes roam my body

I look down at my booty shorts and Marvel Comics superhero shirt. No shame in the comic game.

"I know, thanks. Anything else you need?"

I was interrupted by a man approaching the door

"Morning ma'm, I have a car here for James, oh sorry for a Danielle James?" the man says

"Yes thats me, ill be right out. Thank you!" I holler after and hear him start up his truck again backing my car into the driveway.

"Excuse me Jason, my baby is here." I say pushing past Jackson.

He steps into the door way as I do and I dont miss the quick feel of my butt that he tries to get away with.

"Alright, listen to me and listen fucking good." I seethed "I will not fall for your tricks or games, I dont give a shit who you think you are. I usually give people benefit of the doubt, but no. You are exactly what they said about you. Now please, remove yourself with my doorway."

I really don't like being touched by fuck boys.

"Hmm ballsy, I like it." He said smirking