Chapter 13. Apology Not Accept (b)

The day after Carson's very elaborate promposal everything went back to normal. I hope you caught my sarcasm going on there.

Lydia and I were currently standing at our lockers deciding on a day to go dress shopping when I saw Jackson beeline towards me.

 I couldn't get away, I was trapped between the door and my locker 

Fuck fuck fuck.

"Danielle." He says sternly "just listen to me."

"I should go, I have 1000 things to do." I say trying to walk away, knowing that today is the day I'll forgive him

"It'll just take a second." Jackson says

"Ill see you after school. Don't forget. Tomorrow night, party at my place." Lydia says walking away

"So." I say staring at my (adorable) shoes

"Listen, I'm sorry ok. I was wrong to make that bet, but I just. I wasn't thinking. I care about you Danielle, I really do. You're unlike any girl I've ever met, you're funny and fun. You dont give a shit what anyone thinks and you legitimately whooped my ass in an illegal race. That takes skill. I just want to start over. I only made that bet to get him off my back, you know how guys are. We speak before we think and making that bet on you was a massive mistake. I know I dont deserve you and I understand that what I did was wrong and not only because Ryder and Tyler have been hounding me. Sorry I'm rambling."

I think for a couple seconds

Do I want Chinese for dinner or Thai?

I should really get my car detailed-

"Uh Danielle?" Jacksons says clearing his throat

"You weren't that hard to beat." I say smiling

Does this mean I forgive him?

"So does that mean you forgive me?" He says flashing his perfectly white teeth at me

"So does this mean you're done being an asshole?" I say grabbing my chem book

"As long as you promise to give me a chance."

"Ill consider it... Walk me to class?"

Did I seriously just forgive him that easily? Shit, this boy must do voodoo. Or I'm just not as badass as I thought I was. Nah, can't be that. I'm fabulous.

Allie hasn't said anything or even dared look in my direction today and I have Lydia to thank for that. As much as I think I can take care of myself sometimes it's really nice to have someone stick up for me. 

.

.

As I sit here applying my makeup I'm wondering why the hell did I agree to go to another party? Last time I went I got my fucking jaw broken. My wire is finally out and I do not need another one thats for damn sure.

"Ry? Are you in there?" I say knocking on his bedroom door

"Hey, yeah. Whats up?" He says opening the door "where're you going?"

"Are you wanting to come to Lydia's tonight with me?" I laugh "I was coming here to ask you"

"Sure. I was in the party mood lil sis."

I hear my phone ringing and run to get it

"Helloooo." I sing into my phone, not looking at the caller ID

"I will be at your house at 9 to get you. Be ready, tell Ryder to as well."

"Okay Jax, you know we are neighbors though right?" I laugh "See you then"

"Oh, right. Yeah, walk over." He says laughing a bit out of embarrassment "Thank you for giving me another chance. See you in a bit."

"I don't think I actually agreed to giving you another chance yet." I say before hanging up

I'm smiling like an absolute fool.

I curl my hair into some bombshell waves and I'm pleasantly surprised with how well they've turned out, I keep my makeup simple and light. Tossing on a pair of black jeans and a white off the shoulder knit top. I pair it with my black and rose gold watch that dad got me for my birthday and pair them with some little diamond studs. Positive energy, no broken jaws tonight. No fights.

I hear someone downstairs, I half expect it to be my dad so I bound down the stairs

"Papa! Dad! Daddy! DAAAAD." I say laughing because I know I'm hilarious

As mad as I am, he's still my dad and I love him more than anyone in this world.

What I'm not expecting is a female voice to answer me.

"Danielle?"

I turn the corner to see Steph sitting there

"No. Im not doing this with you right now." I say before turning to go back upstairs

"Please just listen to me." She begs

"Pathetic." I say, its the only word I can muster

"Hey Dani can you grab me a bottle of water!" Ryder calls down the stairs

"You need to leave." I say to her, hatred clear in my tone

"Im sorry I left." She says tears in her eyes

"I DONT GIVE A FUCK. YOU LEFT ME WHEN I NEEDED YOU! YOU LEFT ME! YOU LEFT RYDER AND DAD! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THAT DID TO ME!" I yell at her, I'm not even crying. Im all cried out. Im just angry. "YOU FUCKING LEFT US LIKE WE WERE GARBAGE!"

"Dani whats going on?" Ryder says running down the stairs "What are YOU doing here. Haven't you caused enough shit?" He continues looking at Steph

"Im heeeere. Where are my favourite twins?!" Jackson says laughing as he walks into the kitchen "Oh, hello Ma'm."

"Hi, I'm Steph. Ryder and Danielle's mother." she says smiling, quickly masking her emotions "We were actually just having a family-"

"We're not your fucking family, Steph." I seethe "And no. you dont get to call yourself our mother. You're the woman who gave birth to us and left. I expect you to be gone when we get home." 

Ryder puts his arm around my shoulder. I know he's trying to be comforting and protect me. But I'm just so angry.

"Come on, lets go." Ryder says guiding me out the door

I fee no guilt as I slip on my jacket and slam the front door