Chapter 11. A Day Of Reckoning

Our lips met quickly and only lasted a second before I pulled away abruptly, realizing what I'd just done.

"Did I do something wrong?" Jackson says

"No, I uh.. How far away from shore are we?"

"About 10 minutes. Again I ask, did I do something wrong?"

"No, I just wasn't expecting things to progress in that way. Sorry, I should go clean up my face."

Making my way down the yacht stairs I quickly rush down nearly tripping in the process. Swinging open the door I duck in and am met with an all too familiar site, my face is fucked yet again. My jaw is already starting to bruise and my lip is slightly split. I must've just bit my tongue or something. I sigh staring into the mirror.

"Its all just a game." I pep talk myself "Don't fall for it."

You're better than this Danielle.

I walk out of the bathroom and head back up stairs only to see Jackson on his phone looking rather pissed off. I duck around the corner and listen, it seems to be the only way I find any truth out.

"No Allie. Because you cheated on me! No. No I'm not into Danielle. NO! I dont give a shit what anyone says. Fine, ill come over later. Im just, out. Fine. Bye."

Do you ever go snooping or listen to something you're not suppose to, only to find out things that make you upset? But you can't say anything because you were snooping in the first place.. I shake my head. I'm no one's fool. 

I step out from the corner, startling Jackson.

"How long have you been there?" He asks furrowing his brows

"I just came up, should I go back down?" I ask forcing myself to laugh even though I just want to throw this ice pack at his head.

Anger issues, I told you.

"No, its fine Where were we?" He says obviously still expecting a kiss

"I was going to ask you about the races, whats the usual buy in?"

"Uh, I think like 3k. I wouldn't recommend going though. A lot of sketchy people down there."

"Yeah, no I just figured id ask. Well, looks like we are here. I should get home. Can you take me please." I  say after thanking the captain

"Yeah, sure what's the rush."

The fact your going to Allies house is the fucking rush

"Nothing, just told Ryder id be home before 1."

Lie

Jackson stares at me oddly before slumping his shoulders "Sure lets go."

The drive home is silent, I just stared at the window as we drive along the beach. Before I know it we are pulled into Jacksons driveway, a car I've never seen before is parked beside us.

"Hm wow. Guess dads home. That's shocking." Jackson says getting out of the car

"I uh, I had a really nice time tonight. Thanks." I say shutting my door

I go to walk around the car to cut across the grass when an arm on my wrist pulls me back. I am spun around, coming face to face with Jax.

"I uh, uh. I should get going"  I say wriggling from his hold

He stares at me dumbfounded. Obviously no one has turned him down before.

 BUT I DIDNT BECAUSE I KISSED HIM ON THE DAMN BOAT.

"Goodnight." I say as I run across the grass and swing open my front door.

Breathing a sigh of relief I run to my room and take a cold shower, trying to wash all the dried blood from around my mouth. I don't know how to feel because my head and my heart and pulling in two polar opposite directions. 

.

.

"So! How was your date."

I open my eye peeking at my phone, 7:04am. I glare at Ryder who is perched on my bed.

"Why are you waking me up. Do you want to die?"

"Do you want me to smother you, you know I will." He says stealing the pillow out from under my head

"It was fine." I say sitting up and slipping on my glasses

"Just fine?" He interrogates raising his eyebrow

"Mhm."

"Did you kiss him?"

"I did."

"How was it!" He says laughing

"You're my brother. You're suppose to be like angry or something or want to beat him up!" I glare at him

"Oh, sorry. Let me go over to his house. HOW DARE YOU KISS MY SISTER?" he yells walking out of my room laughing

"NO! I was kidding!"

Whipping the covers off my body I jump out of bed and run after him, I chase Ryder out of the house, tackling him as soon as his foot touches the grass. SUCCESS. I let out my best wired jaw warrior scream as he pushing me off him laughing and sprinting towards the house

"RYDER KYLE JAMES!" I scream

He turns with a mischievous look on his face as he knocks on the door. I stay laying on the grass looking mortified. He wouldn't dare. The door opens to reveal Tyler, Ryder looks back at me smiling as he steps into the house. I quickly look around realizing I'm laying on the grass, in my front yard, in my white flannel pjays. Im going to kill him.

Pacing around the kitchen as my pancakes cook when I hear the front door slam shut.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT IM GOING TO KILL YOU!" I yell turning the corner

"Ive just gotten home!" my dad says raising his hands in mock surrender laughing

"DAD!" I say running to him engulfing him in a hug

As I cook my dad some bacon, eggs and pancakes I hear my phone ringing.

"Dad can you grab that, I think its on the couch!"

"Sure honey."

I swear I damn near shit myself with what I heard next.

"Braiden I swear to god, if you do not stop calling my daughter I will dig so goddamn deep into your life I will find anything and everything you've ever done wrong and ruin you. Got it?"

I hear a smash as my dad lets out a frustrated groan. I run into the room thinking he's fallen or something, but nope. My phone is just shattered, I stare at my dad in disbelief before bursting out laughing.

"And you wonder where I get my anger issues from!"

"Its just something about that kid, such a spineless little puke." He says picking up my phone "Well, I guess ill need to buy you a new phone."

"Its ok, I'm sure I can use some time to disconnect anyway. oh shit!" I yell running into the kitchen only to see my pancakes one second away from bursting into flames.

A soft knock at the door chimes through the house, who the hell could it be this time? It's like 8am. Answering the door I'm at a loss for words. Its a woman, she looks so familiar. 

Those soft brown eyes, brown hair that matches mine. She stares at me lovingly.

"Mom?"

Oh fuck.