Chapter 9. The Bet

4 weeks later

"Can you help me with this tonight, please!" Lydia begs

"I can't I told you, I hate kids. Besides I have to take Michelle to the airport tonight." I say back laughing

Michelle has been flying back and forth on weekends because I guess things have hit an all time low at home. She's been talking to her mom about just coming to live with us full time.

I get the wire out of my jaw in two weeks and I couldn't be happier. This thing is hell. Dad came home and left again, not a surprise there. Braiden has finally stopped calling, couldn't be more relieved, maybe he got the hint when I changed my number.

Jackson and Allie broke up, not that thats surprising.

"Ugh, fine. Tell her I said bye and ill see her at Christmas." Lydia said ducking into her advance math class

"Will do, see ya after school."

Pulling my physics book from my locker I turn and hear a familiar voice.

"She's hot though and you know it." The male voice says

"I bet you 100$ I can make her fall in love and then cut her loose. You doubt my magic and I shall show you. She'll be like puddy in my hands." The other voice says

"Fine, 100$ says you can't make Ryders sister fall in love." The male voice says laughing

I peek my head around the corner to see none other than Jackson and Cameron. I get a sick feeling in my stomach, the last few weeks Jackson and I have gotten really close. I told him so much shit, I let him in.

 I quickly duck back around heading to my class, oh hell no. Ill play this game. As soon as the bell rang I all but ran out of the school and ripped home. I have to make a serious plan to break this asshole.

"Hey shithead." Ryder says coming in the kitchen ruffling my hair

"Hey. Don't you have practice?" I say back as I dig into my applesauce rather aggressively

"You okay Dani? It got cancelled."

"Uh yeah, sorry. Just a lot of homework. Ill see you tonight, ill make some tacos or something."

Saying bye to Michelle at the airport was harder than I had expected. It was going to be 2 long months without her. But Christmas was going to be even better because I'm not sure if my dad will even be home.

"Im going to miss you so much." She says hugging me

"You know ill miss you too.. You'll be back at Christmas though, right?"

"You know it." The security guard calls her up "Oh and Dani. Break his fucking heart."

A woman behind her gasps, covering her childs ears. I burst out laughing. Michelle has no filter.

"You know I will. Bye fly safe!"

Now for my next task; Operation take down captain douchelord.

The next few days I took my new found alone time to plan my attack. Stage one; Make him think he's in control. 

.

.

     It was a disgustingly hot October afternoon, I blame global warming. Ryder had his friends over whom included Jackson and Cam, having a few drinks around the pool. So I worked my assets and slipped into my red string bikini. I wasn't skinny, but I was toned, I had a nice butt. I am bragging yes, but I've worked hard.

I apply a little bit of makeup and let my hair fall freely in a poofy, curly mess. I make my way downstairs and grab a bottle of water before walking out to the poolside. A few of the guys were in the heated pool, like I said. Hot October. I got a few whistles from Carson and Jake as I sat down on my chair, bringing my hands above my head. Carson and I had become really close, he told me he was gay. He's not ready to tell anyone else yet though, but when he is ready I told him I would be there for him. He thought I wouldn't want to be friends anymore or something. I told him about the bet and my little plan, he was more than happy to help. I peeked open my eye to see Jackson staring at me, phase one. Complete.

"Hey Carson?" I called in a sickly sweet voice "Can you come over here for a minute?"

"Sure, whats up Dani." He said laughing

"I couldn't reach my back with oil, would you mind?"

I thought he was going to die from the look on his face, he looked so flustered. 

Damn, he's a good actor.

"Uh, I, Uh. Mhm." He stuttered "So when do you get the wire out of your jaw?"

"Mmm, that feels good." I say giggling. I swear I want to punch myself in the face. "2 Friday's from now. Thanks Carsy."

I look up seeing Jackson staring, a pissed off look on his face. 

HA! Take that muthalicka!

 He slugs back his beer before stalking back into my house. I take the opportunity to look at Cam who looks like I slapped his mother. He is staring at me wide eyed like he's never seen a girl before. I hear Ryder telling a few guys he's sitting with to shut up.

We play a few round of beer pong and of course Ryder and I are the champs. The sun is starting to set and as happy as I am with my great success on the Jackson front. I'm cold as hell. I grab my towel and start walking into the house, climbing the stairs quickly before throwing open my bedroom door and collapsing on my bed. Being a devious bitch is tiring.

Sighing I roll over and grab my pjs pff my pillow and quickly strip. I hear a quick knock on my door, expecting it to be Ryder I just yell to come in.

"Cute show you put on out there." I turn to see jackson standing there in a pair of grey sweat pants and a hoodie

Shit he looks good.

"Mm, I thought so. Carson didn't complain." I say rolling back onto my stomach, holding my phone out in front of me

"I know what you're trying to do."

My stomach drops. Shit. Play it cool

"Mhm and whats that?" I say grumbling into my pillow

"You're trying to make me jealous." He says sitting on my bed

I roll back to my side to face him, smiling at him. Phase one; 3/4 complete.

"Is that so?"

"It worked. I came here to tell you that we're going on a date." He says brushing my jaw

"OW!" I say closing my eyes

"Oh fuck I'm so sorry. I totally forgot." He says looking panicked

"You should have seen your face!" I say laughing

"You think you're funny eh? So ill see you this Friday? 6 o'clock. Wear something casual and comfy."

"I guess I could fit you in my schedule." I say picking up my phone

"See you then." He says smirking

The butterflies in my stomach were all too real. NO DANIELLE. BAD.

Phase 1; complete. So why did I feel so sad?