Chapter 7. Give Me A Break

My dad finally came home and I couldn't be happier, Ryder was always busy and Lydia was busy with dance practice and Tyler. 

HOW DARE THEY HAVE LIVES 

Im sure I could make more friends, but it just seemed like a lot of work. Ive heard a few whispers of racing on Friday night and its taking all my will not to go. I didn't need the money from the race, but I loved the rush. The rush of beating the odds since i'm a girl, the look on the guys faces when I step out of my car and collect my winnings. The revving of my car, the rush of the window as it blows my long dark hair around the car like a wild banshee..

Guess it would have to wait until next Friday since this Friday Ryder, Tyler, Jackson and I are apparently all having a combined 18th birthday. I guess it was supposed to be a surprise since I didn't find out until 2pm today. 

Today is Friday. 

Surprise. 

Arriving home after school I planned on taking a nap but was bombarded by my dad and my best friend Michelle. I couldn't believe it as I opened out large, dark wood door. I stood there in shock, staring at her for what seemed like a lifetime, afraid to blink.

"YOU'RE HERE!" I squealed sprinting through the door

"I KNOW!" she yelled back

"BUT WHAT. HOW. WHY!"

"Well, some people call them planes, you see your dad bought me a ticket. And then... Wait for it.... I got on the plane. Magic right!"

"You're such a sassy bitch. I missed you so much." I said pulling her in to a back breaking hug "Im so glad you're here, I guess I'm having a party tonight"

"You, are not only going to a party. But you're having one?! Who are you?!"

"Oh shut up, I know how to let loose occasionally." I said giving her a fake glare

"Last time I saw you drunk you were 16 and we stole your dads beer-"

"Im going to pretend I didn't hear that." My dad interjected

"Sorry Mr.J, sometimes I forget that you're her dad and not like a cool uncle or something." Michelle said giving my dad a hug "I mean that in a good way, I just. Ugh- nevermind."

"Im not quite sure how to take that, but honey your birthday present is on the table in the living room. Im sorry but I have to leave again in a few hours, a divorce that has dragged on longer than we anticipated. I should be gone a week tops." My dad said with a head hung kind of low "Im so sorry baby, I thought it was done but the wife is now apparently unhappy with- ya know what? Nevermind, boring work stuff."

"It's ok dad. I know, work comes first. You've worked hard to be where you are in the company." I said quickly not wanting to show the fact that I was hurt

"And that is why you're my favourite daughter."

"Im you're only daughter. Ill drive you to the airport if you have your stuff ready?"

"Sure honey. Thank you."

.

.

After dropping my dad off, I picked Lydia up and introduced her to Michelle, much to my happiness they got along awesome. We started doing our hair and makeup, finishing off a bottle of wine before we even noticed.

"And voila!" Lydia said stepping back "You both look fab."

Lydia did both Michelle and I's hair, and we looked awesome.