Chapter 15. Cant Catch A Break

After my breakdown of the century I cleaned myself up, applied some concealer and went back outside. As if the night couldn't get worse I see Jackson and Allie talking, laughing and smiling, her slutty hands all over him. What do I care? He's not my boyfriend.. The anger builds up within me, like could my life not be dramatic for a fucking second!? I take a couple deep breaths as I walk past them, head held him. Smile on my face, if you wanna be with a whore. Go for it. I find Ryder and hand him a beer.

"Thank you. You're the best brother ever." I say hugging him

"I know, I know. You should find Michelle though, she's pretty shaken up."

I make my way out of the back yard and out towards the street.

"Michelle!" I yell out

I look down at my phone to see a missed text from her.

Hey, I'll meet you back at your house. Your dad gave me a key. I was going to tell you earlier, my mom finally agreed and signed the emancipation docs. I'm coming to live in seaport. I understand if after tonight you don't even want me around anymore.  I'm so sorry Dani, please dont hate me. I dont know what she was thinkin.... Xoxo

How could she even think I wouldn't want her around. I knew dad offered to let her live with us while things were sorted out at home, she would just transfer schools for the semester. I start dialing her number as I hear tires screeching. Silly kids showing off.

Ring
Ring
Ring

"Hello?" Answers a sniffly Michelle

"Of course I want you to live with us Mich. you're like the sister I almost never wanted." I say laughing, not giving her any time to respond "I don't want you to go back home- I wont let you!"

I look up to see headlights coming towards me, not thinking much of it I step back on the side walk. What I didn't expect was to recognize the sound of the car... The high beams shoot on blocking my sight of the driver and I all but run to get out of the way.

 He's not slowing down. Why isn't he slowing down?

I hear the car behind me. This isn't an accident, this isn't a joke. RUN!

Just as I turn to get in the backyard a pain explodes in my back before everything goes dark.

                                                           Jackson POV 20 minutes earlier

Fuck. Her ex is crazy.

I've never seen her so scared.

I see Danielle walking into the house. I should say sprinting into the house. I want to follow her, but I know she hates showing emotion. Not that I blame her.

"So. That's Danielle's ex boyfriend." Ryder says taking a swig of his beer

"Sick dude. Seems like a real people person." I reply laughing

Out of the corner of my eye I see Allie come strutting in. I mean, I know she's a whore and all. But she is hot.

Don't get me wrong, I would never hit a woman. But hearing about the shit Allie says and does to Danielle (not that Danielle would ever tell me) makes me wants to shake some sense into her.

"Hey Jaxxy." Allie says coming up behind me

"Sup." I say avoiding eye contact

"This is silly. I said I was sorry, besides" she says in my ear "I wore my red lingerie. I know how much you like it."

I burst out laughing and she gets a smile on her face. Obviously thinks I'm laughing with her, silly bitch. I'm laughing at her.

Her hand rubbing up and down on my arm. I think I feel sick and not just because I'm drinking piss warm beer.

I open my mouth to reply when Danielle walks past us, I can't help my eyes from following her.. God she is so beautiful.

"So what do you think... Should we go somewhere quiet?" Allie asks kissing my neck

I'm not even listening at this point, I see Danielle talking to Ryder and then leaving the party. I should follow her.

"Michelle!" I hear Danielle yelling

I've never met someone so loud, infuriating or stubborn as Danielle. But for some reason, I want to know her. I want her to let me into her life. I made that bet just to get Cam off my back about "going soft".

"I'm not doing this with you Allie. There's one girl in my life and she's not you. Now back off." I say pushing past her

Rounding around the side of the yard I hear what sounds like a gunshot. Someone probably drifted out of control and hit a car. Taking a last drink of my beer I throw the cup in the trash.

This is it. I'm going to make Danielle mine. Well, my girlfriend. Lord knows I could never say that to her. She'd go all "I am my own person!" On me.

I smile at the thought. What a headstrong girl.

I see a crowd forming on the side walk. Probably inspecting some idiots damage to another car. I see a set of tail lights turning around the next corner. Dumb ass kid pulled a hit and run.

"Someone call 911!" I hear Tyler yelling "HELP ME!"

"SHES NOT BREATHING!" I hear a girl scream

Ryder runs past me like I'm not even there, he's yelling at someone on the phone.

As I approach the circle I hear CPR counts.

Shit.

Someone got hit.

I push my way through the circle of people. I drop to my knees next to her. Everything is just background noise. Like a buzzing in my ear. Ryder looks like he is either going to kill someone.

Lydia is crying.

Ty is covered in blood.

Her blood.

Danielle.

"It was a skyline. She was walking here and the car ran her down. He didn't even slow down." A girl is telling Ryder "He tried to hit her Ryder! He fucking tried!"

Ryder jumps into his jeep and takes off

Who drives a skyline?

Then the realization hits me like a ton of bricks. My chest suddenly feels heavy.

Julian.