Chapter 6. First day

Another week came and went and dad still wasn't home. He called to let me know he wouldn't be home for our 18th birthday, but its ok. It was his job to be gone, at least thats what it felt like. 

Sometimes I wish he would just come home, i'd sell it all just to have my dad back home with me.

Ryder and I hadn't spoken much since our big argument, other than the following morning which I've come to realize was just a nice show for his new fuck buddy Victoria. He came home after I went to bed and stayed in his room when I was home.

Tyler and Lydia had gone on a trip together. But I guess that's what happens when we all pretty much raise ourselves. I hadn't seen Jackson much either after that night, I honestly kind of missed him.

Braiden still called me every couple of days, I talked to Michelle regularly. She's going to come for Christmas break, at least with that to look forward to the start of the school year seemed actually bearable.

The start of school was only a few days away and I felt like I had gotten nothing done. Sure I had gone clothes shopping, but clothes won't help me pass 12th grade. 

.

.

Waking up on the last day of summer was hard, my bed and I had developed a very serious relationship. It would be hard to just let it go.

"Goodbye my love." I said dramatically while getting out of the bed and stripping off my clothes before stepping into my ice cold shower

It had been 27 days since we moved to Seaport and other than that night at the club, nothing super significant had happened.

 As I applied some light makeup and finished blow drying my hair I heard our front door slam shut. I ran out of my room expecting it to be my dad. Only I was met with a very black and blue brother.

"What the fuck happened. Are you ok!?" I say grabbing his face "who did you fight this time?"

"Im fine Danielle, foul ball and I wasn't paying attention. Where are you going?" He said turning away from me towards the fridge

"I was going to head to target to get some school supplies... Would you maybe want to come? We can go get a burger after.. Like old times?"

I missed my brother, we used to do everything together

"I can't Danielle, I'm going out with Vicky, Jackson and Allie."

"Whose Allie?" I ask quickly

"Jackson's girlfriend. Can you grab me some stuff." He said scribbling some things onto my list, obviously unfazed by my reaction "Thanks sis"

"Jackson has a girlfriend?" Disappoint evident in my tone

Not evident to him I guess... To be fair he is a guy.

"Yup. Hard to believe someone can actually deal with him right?" Ryder says laughing as he hands me his list

I laughed along with him, trying to hide the pain on my face, the pain that I felt punch me in the gut.

"Yeah, ill see you tonight for dinner then?" I say as I slip on my flip flops and head for the door with my head hung sadly

"Hey Dani?" Ryder calls after me "I'm really sorry for saying at that in front of Ty and Lydia. I was way out of line, you're just my little sister so I'm protective and I took my anger out on you."

I dont say anything just give him a small smile, shut the front door and walk out to my car. I slip into my car and immediately turn on the A/C, blasting some music and start horribly singing along. Target here I come.