Chapter 12. Forgive And Forget Right? Not.

"Mom?" I say staring at her in disbelief

What the FUCKING FUCK.

"Who is it Danielle?" I hear my dad calling "Honey!"

His footsteps are rapidly approaching behind me, his laugh carrying through the large hallway. I listen carefully as his footsteps abruptly stop. Looking behind me I see my dad with the same gob smacked look on his face.

"Steph?"

"Im sorry. I know you told me to wait to come and see them but I couldn't. After you showed me those pictures I had to come see them." She says touching my face

I wince at the pain in my jaw, can people just stop with my damn jaw already. I don't say anything, I just stare at her.

How dare she just waltz up to this place like she has done nothing wrong. She left us and what? Now that its convenient for her she just comes back.

I'm pissed.

I'm seeing red.

I'm fucking furious.

"What the fuck are you doing here." I say, my words dripping in venom "I can't believe you kept this from me." I continue turning to my dad

I usually don't drop F bombs in front of him, but I'm just so angry!

Before she can answer I'm sprinting up the stairs, ignoring them calling my name.

You fucking assholes. Nothing but a stupid bunch of fucking- fuck! This is fucking perfect- I cant fucking believe- how could he?!

I quickly strip out of my pjays, grabbing the first hoodie and pair of sweats, snatch my keys off my desk and climb out of my window. I have to get out of here. I can hear them screaming my name from the house. But I can't do this, I just can't.

I see Ryder, Tyler and Jackson on the way out to my car

"Hey superstar! Maybe you should try out for the football team!" Ryder yells laughing

I look up at him, tears brimming my eyes.

"Ry-" I cant say anymore, not before my voice hitches in my throat, my eyes filling quickly, my heart-

I cant fucking do this!

 I quickly jog to my car, slamming the door before my strangled cries leave my mouth. His face drops into a frown as he stares at me, jogging closer and closer, before he can get to my car door, I lock it and slam my car into reverse, fish tailing out of the sleeping neighborhood.

Im so selfish. He's going to be just as upset for me and I can't even be there for him. Tears are now freely falling from my eyes making it next to impossible to see anything and yet I continue driving. I pull into my special spot that I found my first few days here.

 My lungs are tight, my throat feels like its closing. Tears pouring from my eyes, I can't breathe. I feel like there is an elephant on my chest. My head falls onto the steering wheel as sobs rack through my entire body. I've never felt so betrayed, so heart broken.

I dont know how long I sat there and cried. The beach is empty and the air is crisp, I slowly step out of my car walking down to the water.

Im sure I look like hell but I dont care, I pick up rocks and start throwing them into the ocean with such force that I swear I could kill a shark. Hearing the soft rumble of cars driving behind me and I plunk myself down in the sand and pull my knees to my chest to think. Think about everything.

Was that why he was always in Canada? How could he lie to me? We never lied to each other? How could he let her back into our lives? I will never forgive her, I will never forget the way she left us. Like we were nothing, like we were last weeks leftovers. She leaves for 8 years and thinks she can just come back, no. No I won't fucking let her.