Chapter 13. Apology Not Accepted(a)

I wake up early, orange sky flooding in through my light colored curtains. My head throbbing from my cry fest last night. I play last night over and over again;

 When I got home last night that woman wasn't here, thank fuck. But my dad was, sitting there. Vodka in his hand.

"Im sorry I lied to you." He says noticing my presence

"You know what dad. I love you. But that was fucked up."

"Language!"

"Are you serious right now dad? You're gone constantly, only for me to find out that you've been talking to my mom, the woman who LEFT US. And you just take her back like she did nothing wrong. She bailed on us dad. She left us high and dry. Now I'm going to bed." I scream at him with anger  in every word

Tears prickle my eyes, I've never been that mean to my dad. I feel bad, I stand at the top of the stairs contemplating going back downstairs. I should apologize. But then I hear him on the phone;

"I know Steph, she's gone to bed. I don't think she'll ever be ok with this. I know. You can't really blame her though can you? She has Ryder and I, and I've been lying to her."

I go into my room softly closing the door before throwing my money on my bed. 9,000$ I just made 9k in 30 minutes. Thank god for these rich kids, back at home buy in was like 500$. This really can't go without consequence. I never made money like this. Quickly I hide it in the safe under my bed, there is some money left in there from my other races a long time ago. It's how I get such good grades, I don't need a job, so I just focus on my schoolwork. Sure my dads rich, but I like having my own.

Sighing, I quickly toss on my a clean t-shirt and shorts, climbing into my soft bed with ease. I plug my phone in and drift to sleep without another thought-

.

.

Its been 5 days since I last spoke to Jackson or my father. I can't avoid either of their gazes forever, not surprisingly dad left again for business shortly after realizing this wasn't just going to go away.

 I got a new phone and Steph has been texting me non stop. I haven't replied because quite frankly I don't know what to say to her. I've forgiven my dad though, he's still my dad. He raised us on his own and I know that couldn't have been easy. Sometimes you make mistakes and that's ok, sure in my eyes letting that succubus back in our life was a bit more than a mistake. But he's not me and I'm not him.

"So how are things going?" Lydia asks shutting her locker "I feel like you haven't left the house in awhile..."

"I dont know, I dont know how to feel. I'm mad, sad, hurt and disappointed." I say sighing clutching my books closer to my chest "I just need to be alone."

Its all I know how to be lately

"Hi babe, Dani. Hows it going?" Tyler says kissing Lydia's head softly

"Hey Ty. Hey I just wanted to say thanks, uhm you know. For being there for Ryder." I say giving Tyler a hug

"What are friends for. I should get going, ill see you guys after school?"

"Yeah, love you." Lydia says smiling

Thats all I wanted, to share with someone the kind of love that they share.

"Hey." a male voice resonates behind me

I turn around to see Jackson looking hot as ever.

"Hey Jax." Lydia says quietly "I gotta go, i'm coming over yours tonight for girls night."