Chapter 4. Date Night

After our pizza night last night, Lydia texted me asking if I wanted to go on a triple date with her, Tyler, Ryder, Lydia's friend Victoria and Carson on Friday. Of course I said yes, Carson was cute and nice. Why wouldn't I? 

Better than Braiden.

The week zoomed by to my dismay, school was closer than ever, dad still wasn't home which didn't surprise me in the slightest. I love him and I love that he loves his job, but I hate that he is gone so much. I swear he's gone all together more than half the year.

 Sometimes I think I'm older than 17 because I have to be mature or the bills don't get paid, things don't get cleaned and shit doesn't get done. Yes dad leaves me all the money for bills and everything, but it wouldn't matter if he did or didn't if I just decided to not go and pay them.

My week consisted of unpacking and organizing, come Friday I was so over it and debated about flaking out on the "group date", part of me yelled this was a bad idea, the louder voice in my head said GO OUT AND GET CRAZY YOU BITCH.

Jackson came over a few times and helped out a bit, doing small things like helping me rearrange the living room and then rearrange it again. Which was unexpected and appreciated. Only a few insults were hurled each way. He was being surprisingly kind, but I knew this game. I knew this was all an act. 

Don't fall for his charm.

Before I could blink it was Friday night and Ryder and I were sitting in my room talking about anything and everything

"So do you know anything about this girl Victoria?" I asked Ryder as he painted my toe nails

He would do things like this for me as long as I promised to never tell anyone, I must say. He's gotten good at it so his secret is safe

"She's one of the cheerleaders, she's hot and I guess pretty easy from what the boys have said." Ryder laughed manically

"Oh just your type!" I said giggling "What time are we meant to go to Tylers?"

"He said around 8ish? What time is it now?"

"6, guess we should hurry up." I laugh picking up my Iphone "Dads face timing. Hi Daddy!"

"Hi Honey, wheres Ryder?"

"Painting ma toes." I say laughing and turning the camera "being a good little peasant boy."

"The things he does for you honey."

"I know I know. Anyway, whats up how is Canada!"

"Cold, its August and Im wearing long sleeves already. What are you two doing tonight?"

"Group date with the neighbours." Ryder says

"I sincerely hope its not just you two and them two. I mean I know you guys are close-" he says starting to laugh

"Oh my god dad, thats gross. My god, jesus christ. No. Im going with one of Ry's new baseball friends and he's going with a girl named Victoria. Blonde, Cheerleader and easy!" I say laughing and fake gagging

"Just his type!" My dad says crying he's laughing so hard

"Thats what I said!"

"Okay, they're done. I got to go shower. Bye dad, hope you have a great trip. Bring me back something cool." Ryder says getting off my bed "Be ready for 8 shithead."

"Bye Son, have fun."

"Always do." He says winking

"Alright well ill let you go sweetie, have fun on your date. See you in a week or two. Love you."