Chapter Nineteen- Zervis

Chapter Nineteen

Ship- Zervis/ Zeref and Mavis

Mavis's P.O.V.

It was night. We were sitting up in a tree, at the park. It was really dark. There wasn't a light or anything at the park. Just the occasional car that drove by. I could only see the outline of Zeref. I kept thinking that I heard things below us.

(a/n: but just imagine the picture at night not day

(a/n: but just imagine the picture at night not day.)

"Zeref, why do you like the dark so much?" I asked. My voice was kinda shaky.

"I don't know. I just do." Zeref answered.

"Zeref. I'm scared. I keep hearing things. Can we go back?" I asked.

"How about we go to the convenient store?"

"Umm.. I guess we could go.." I said confused. We headed towards the convenient store. I thought I heard something behind us. I hurried and walked closer to Zeref.

Zeref grabbed my hand and said, "it'll be okay. If there's someone there, I'll protect you."

Once we hit the parking lot of the convenient store, I started walking faster because I had to go to the bathroom. We got in, Zeref went to look at something, and I went to the bathroom real fast. I washed my hands then went over to Zeref and put my wet hands on his face. He pushed my hands away. I laughed and wiped my hands on my jeans. I checked my pockets. Yay. I had enough for am icee.

I went and made a strawberry and banana icee. I paid for it then we left. We headed towards my house. When we were about two minutes away from the convenient store, Zeref pulled something out of his jacket. It was a chocolate bar.

"Zeref! Did you steal that..." I yelled then whispered.

"Yes.. I got you something too, if it means anything.." He said.

"I'm sorry, but I wish you didn't steal anything.. I feel bad now.." I said and looked at the ground as we walked.

"But think you will like it," he said as he reached into the inside pocket of his jacket. When he pulled out his hand, he had a rose with it. I started blushing.

"Zeref, you didn't have to." I said as he handed it to me.

"You know I lied about not having money..." he said, but I was confused, so he continued, "I had just enough money for the rose."

"Aww.. Zeref.. I love you...." I said as I basically jumped on him.

Zeref hugged me back, but as soon as he did something rustled in the bushes. I jumped and Zeref pulled me close, knowing I was scared. So I ended up, with my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. I kept a hold of the rose.

Zeref started walking. Sort of fast. He was looking in front of him. And I was look keying behind him. Just like at the park, I thought I kept seeing something following us.

"Zeref...." I whined.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Can we hurry up....? I keep seeing g things dart tree to tree or mailbox to mailbox...." I said, hearing my voice that was full of fear.

"Umm... Yea.. But are you up to running?" Zeref asked blankly. I didn't answer, I just jumped down and started running. I could hear Zeref following. Towards my house we headed.

Once we got to my house we both stopped but we could hear footsteps. I looked and guess you was following us.

"Natsu!! What are you doing?" I yelled. Thankful that it was just Natsu.

"I don't know. I was heading to Lucy's and I saw y'all. And I wanted to see how long it would take y'all to realize that I was following you."Natsu said, smiling. Proud of himself.

"Just go to Lucy's already. You waste time. Mavis noticed you when you rustled in the bushes." Zeref said as I went to unlock the door.

"Awww..... Okay..... That's no fun... Bye guys!!," Natsu yelled and then ran off to go to Lucy's. Natsu's weird. I opened the door and put the rose on the table. I laid on the couch. Zeref came in, closed the door, and say on the floor beside the couch.

"Zeref.... I'm tired... " I mumbled.

"Mavis, just go to bed. I'm here. Nothing can hurt you." he stated and kissed my forehead. I little bit after that I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I'm sorry that it's late. I'm get a little bit of writers block during this chapter. But I'm gonna just say that the next one will be sometime in the next two weeks. That gives me time to do my homework. And hang out with friends or my boyfriend. Well the next chapter is Luvia/ Lucy and Juvia. So until next time.

~Kitty