Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Tears brimmed my eyes "oh. Sorry." I said in a strained voice before bolting out the door, I could feel Haden's heavy footsteps running after me. I sprinted out the house and into the woods, it was twilight and I could feel the cool air brush against my body making goosebumps raise on my skin. Shadows crept towards me and I could feel the branches reaching out to grab me. It was a whole different forest at night.

I ran as fast as I could, hurling my body farther and farther until my legs gave out beneath me. I curled into a ball, cradling myself as tears ran down my face, my breaths were shallow as I tried to contain my sobs, but a chocked cry escaped from my lips. My wolf whimpered inside me, and my whole body went limp I felt my heart ache for the part of me that died.

I could feel that Haden was near me, I just hugged my knees and sank deeper and deeper into the soggy mud. His arms wrapped around me, and I couldn't help but feel small sparks all over my skin. I just broke down and couldn't control the tears that were streaming down my face, I could feel my lips curl into a frown. "It's not what you..." Haden started, but his words drifted off, he couldn't explain what happened back at the cabin. "Save it okay, we are from different packs so it doesn't matter." I didn't even try to mask the emptiness in my voice, it was like I was just a hollow shell. All my feelings were drained out of me, I was physically here but mentally I was dying inside.

"You're my mate." He stated almost trying to convince himself that this was right, I shook my head sadly. "Haden, we are mates from different worlds. Just leave." I felt all the anger rush out in my words and I saw different emotions flicker his eyes, until his eyes softened. "That's why I did it, if I couldn't have you, nothing would ever feel right, I don't want anybody else. I've never met anyone like you. I've never felt this way before, I don't want anybody else. I'm sorry for everything I put you through. It kills me when we fight, and it scares me the way I always make you cry, it hurts me seeing you so broken. I know this much is true I love you with all my heart and will always be with you." Haden said, his voice cracking, I could see the sincerity leaking out of his eyes.

I closed my eyes and breathed in the musky scent from the evergreens, my heart screamed yes but my brain said no. I chewed on my bottom lip, choosing my words carefully, I simply stated, " we'll see."

.•.•.•.

A/N short chapter compared to the last chapter. I know that this was a lot to digest, should Kayla forgive Haden :3