Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I closed my eyes and curl up on the damp dirt. My mind was clouded with thoughts, Haden marked me? Subconsciously, tears rolled down my face and as much as I kept trying to stop them, the water rushed from my eyes.

I had to swallow a lump in my throat, my mouth went dry and a choked sob escaped my lips. I felt like a piece of my heart was ripped out of me, and now there was just an empty hole.

Why was Jake going to do to keep us away from each other? I hugged my knees and listened to the whispering wind as it brushed against my skin.

The crunch of pine needles curled around my senses and my eyelids fluttered open, I felt completely drained.

My body ached from the awkward position I was laying in, but I could already feel my heavy eyelids starting to droop down.

All of a sudden, warmth sprawled over my skin. Electricity runs through every cell in my body, creating a fire that can not be stopped.

I almost sigh at the feeling, but instead I snuggle into the heat. Sparks tingle on my body as I breath in the musky scent of evergreens.

I twist my figure, so that my face is pointed towards the sky. I already know who is carrying me, but I want, no I need to see there face one more time. The cool air blows against my face, leaving goosebumps across my skin.

I force my eyelids open, and even in the dim moonlight I can see his face so clearly. I just want to reach up and trace his perfectly defined jawline, Haden's broad shoulders are pulled back and I watch his toned muscles flex while carrying me.

His golden hair glimmering against the moonlight. I strain to keep my eyes open, I want to remember this moment before it's over.

As usual my tired body fights against me and my eyes shut unwillingly. I nuzzle my face into Haden's chest and listen to the steady thumping of his heartbeat.

I feel his lips softly press against my hair, and I'm fighting the blackness to stay awake. "I love..." his voice whispers in my ear, and I almost shiver as his hot breath dances on my neck.

I am loosing the fight against my drained body, I get swallowed by blackness, Haden's words echo through my mind as I fall into a deep sleep.

I love what?
This?
You?

-•-

A/N I'm so sorry I know I haven't updated in forever! But I was having a terrible writers block ): anyway I'm very excited because I'm writing another werewolf story! It's should be out in a bit thanks so much for reading c: