Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I stayed silent as I peeked out the passenger window, there was nothing left to say. Rows of trees rushed past me and in that moment I wanted to cry, I wanted to let the tears stream down my face, but I couldn't. No. I wouln't dare, I swallowed the lump in my throat and stared down at my hands, a large diamond rock glimmer back, almost as if it was taunting me. It was the only thing that pushed the ditch between Haden and I so far apart. It was as if we were on two seperate worlds, and I was nothing but a coward not to fight. But how could you put everything on the line for your own happiness, I wouldn't be able to start another war just for the sake of me being happy. How could I? "Here we are." Jake whispered, I could feel his eyes surveying my face, trying to read my emotions, but I wouldn't let him in. Not after all that he has done to me. I nodded, too afraid that if I even uttered a single word I would burst into tears. I glanced at the window one last time, the clouds clustered together, blocking out all sign of the sun. In that instant, I promised myself that I would stop crying, because once you started, it seemed you couldn't stop. I pushed all thoughts to the back of my mind and slowly stumbled out the car, Jake was taking me to a dress shop because tonight was the night we were going to announce our marrige. I pushed my head down and walked forward, Jake followed quietly as if he knew that I wasn't in the mood for mindless chitchat. He pressed his palm against the glass doors and a ringing chime sounded, commanding everyone's attention. "Hi, welcome to Kelly's dress store, how may I assist you?" a quirky red headed women squeaked as she held several dresses in the crook of her arm. "We are here for a formal dress." Jake pushed me behind him in a swift movement, and I staggered into a rack, almost tripping over my own feet. "Oh okay, come with me darlin." The women took hold of my arm and dragged me along different parts of the store, not wasting a minute of time. She took several dresses from the racks adding to the pile that she already had. As I scampered to keep up with her, I noticed just how deserted this shop was, there were no people except Jake and I, and the clothes were very outdated, it was as if we had traveled back in time. "Now go try these on okay kiddo." The women stated slowly, before she patted the top of my head with her hand that was wrinkled with age. She pushed her wire rimmed glasses up the bridge of her nose before she gently handed me a stack of varies dresses. Then she spun on her right foot and disappeared into another section of the store, I was alone. I stood there in the middle of the wood cover floor that had a thin layer of dust spread over it like snow on christmas day. I didn't know what to do anymore. Before I knew what I was doing, I slowly went through the process of shuffling to the dressing room and trying all the dresses on, none of them were me. I didn't even know who I was anymore, how could you be so confident in who you are, and then be comepletely lost? I guess I was just stuck between who I was, and who I wanted to be.

A/N Ugh this chapter was so sad I'm sorry, but I just tried to get a feel for what Kayla was probably feeling! Haven't updated in forever so here ya go, Did i mention I am so grateful for all of your support?! Anyway this is on my laptop so it's fancy ;p

SHOUTOUTS TO SOME OF MY READERS!

@boobear582

@juliaross

@kitty66

@macceny