Chapter 29

I felt my chest constrict, it was as if a snake had coiled around my lungs, sqeezing tighter and tighter until they collapsed apon each other. Withering away into nothing. "Breathe." Haden exhaled, his soft lips faintly brushing against my ear, I could feel each word perfectly shaped from his lips as his breath gently fluttered against my sensetive skin. My heart still rampaged on, from that moment on I knew that there was no denying it anymore, blood roared in my ears from the intensity of the moment. How could I deny Haden anymore? The truth was out and the chocking tension tightened around the air, everything was still. But not the peaceful unharming still, but the kind of still before the storm. The softness that once possesed the moment was gone, and we were all awaiting the storm. The thunderous, unforgiving storm that was Jake.

He stepped forward, and the unbreakable cruelty that glinted in his eyes made my knees on the verge of crumpling out beneath me. Haden snaked his arm over my waist, he was my rock. He was the one person that could hold me up when I had no strength to do so myself. His hand hovered over mine, I watched as he bravely took a step forward. I could feel goosebumps arising on my skin from the sudden loss of warmth, lack of contact that Haden had radiated. Haden's body was contorted into a sharp shape made up of shadows the farther he strayed from me, it wasn't until he was far enough in front of me that all I could make out was his soft graying shadow slipping away from my sight.

War. War. War. It rang in my ears, it was like a plauge. How could you fight so strongly for something when you already know that you're beat from the beginning? We had everything to loose, most importantly we had each other to loose. I couldn't let Haden go, not after just getting him back. I wouldn't-no couldn't-let that happen. Not again. I took a few moments, trying to swallow down my heaving breaths. After an aching moment, I had found my voice. I was the one bolting forward, rushing past Haden's bold stand. I was the one who stood before Jake, blocking Haden out of his line of vision. Jake wouldn't see the helpless girl that stood before him moments ago, no he would see a hurricane of power. He would see a fighter, a glint of hope that he couldn't crush. "Are you willing to risk your whole pack for this?" I hissed, gnashing my teeth together as I stared down Jake. A glint of burning fury flickered in his eyes as he imediently bared his teeth, his beady eyes boring into mine as his chest rolled in and out with his harsh ragged breaths.

I wavered in front of him, holding my threatning poise. Haden held many attempts to shield me from Jake, but there was no way I would allow him to push my body behind himself. It wasn't Haden's choice to protect me, I could do that myself thank you very much. Anger burned through my skin, it oozed out of my very well being, and there was no stopping me. I was a whirlwind of resesntment, I was the very hate that Jake had possesed.

"Oh you can count on it." Jake mused, a calmness to his voice that I hadn't witnessed before. It wasn't the burning hate that he usually portrayed, no this time it was worse. It was a cold, heartless mixture of ruthless and merciless hatred. This was the kind of anger that no one could face, and the complete and utter truth, was that it scared me. I felt a chill of terror run through my body, and I held back the urge to shiver, the new side of Jake had me feeling gut wrenchingly terrified. Now that the adreneline was gone, there was nothing I could do but fight my instinct to quake in panic, and hold my ground.

A/N oops I haven't updated it a while, and if you hadn't noticed, double oops, my writing style changed for this chapter. *sigh* oh well I will probably end up editing this chapter A LOT. I actually really enjoyed this side of Kayla though, but I think Jake could maybe get even more mean? I don't know but I will try to reel this story to a close... soon. Ahhh well, I should start writing the next chapter since this one actually took quite a while to write. Ignore all spelling mistakes.

Toodles.