Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Kayla you're getting married to Jake." My father's words echoed in my mind. I couldn't breath, I felt my heart ripping with pain.

"No you can't to this!" I cried out, not bothering to conceal the pain in my voice. "Kayla, Alpha's orders." My dad stated making his way towards me. He slowly sat down next to me, giving me time to protest.

I opened my mouth to speak,but for a split second I met my father's eyes, it was as if he knew exactly what I was feeling and at that moment I understood.

I knew why it was so hard for him to be around me, I was a spitting image of my mother. A sad smile curved on his lips and his face was weary with age.

I dropped my eyes from his and pressed my lips in a thin line. I studied the worn leather on the coach, nobody broke the unsettling silence that filled the room.

I was at lost for words, my mark was throbbing with pain and I chewed on my bottom lip. Trying to keep myself from whimpering out in misery.

"May I speak with Kayla alone?" Jake asked, I could feel his eyes on me. I was silently pleading in my mind that my dad would say no, but he was too loyal to the pack.

"Yes Alpha." My father replied bowing his head respectfully before reluctantly leaving the room.

"What do you want Jake?" I questioned, finally meeting his gaze. He took a step towards me, his eyes brewing with an unreadable emotion.

"Kayla, I know that you are seeing Haden tonight." Jake replied gripping my wrist tightly. Pain coursed through my wrist and I closed my eyes to hold the tears back.

"Please." I chocked, the inside of my mouth running dry as soon as the words left my lips, why was I begging? This was not me.

"You will tell him that you are getting married to me and that you do not love him." Jake whispered, I opened my eyes, a low growl escaping my lips.

"What if I don't?" I snarled, clenching my jaw. Jake's face contorted into a sickening smile, "If you don't do as I say, lets just say that there will be another war with the Midnight pack. Don't worry I will personally kill Haden." He said mockingly.

I shut my eyes tight, I wouldn't let him see me cry. Jake would not see my weak side. I swallowed a sob and I could feel Jake's presence lingering over me. He took my hand gently into his and I made no move to jerk it back. This was for Haden.

I felt Jake slip a cool ring on my finger, and at that moment I couldn't help but allow a single tear to stream down my face.

-•-

A/N Wow I got some Jake haters c: haha I can't believe I'm actually updating O: yah I know it's rare I update 2 chapters in one week! Please check put my new story I update a lot on that one :P it's called "My Possessive Best friend" Thanks for 3.4k also get ready for a really sad chapter :3